Calendar default private setting

mofohead

Reaction score
Can you change the default setting of the calendar to public? I'm sync'ing with my Exchange 2007 and I get all of my email without any issues. Calendar appointments created in Outlook will sync with my D2 just fine but if I create a calendar appointment on my D2 it will not sync with Outlook/Exchange unless I edit the appointment, then go to more options and change the appointment from private to public. Is there a setting somewhere to change the default to public so all appointments on my D2 automatically get sync'd with Outlook/Exchange?

I know some people might chime in here and offer Touchdown as an option and those people would be correct...the Touchdown calendar does not have this issue. I currently have the default D2 email and calendar options configured for my Exchange server and I also have Touchdown installed and configured as well. I'm evaluating both and they both have features that I like and dislike. If I could change the moto calendar to default to public then that would be one less thing about the default calendar to dislike.

OP
M

mofohead

Reaction score
Anyone....Bueller.....anyone????

Am I the only person to ever have this issue???

clomedico

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. No solution yet

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

lschaldonat

Reaction score
Droid 2 defaults to Private Events in Calendar

This is a problem for businesses wanting to Sync users' calendars in Exchange.

fjumayao

Reaction score
There's not a solution from the Droid platform, but you can modify the delegate's rights on Outlook to be able to view private items. But please note...IMPORTANT This is a global setting that affects all of your Exchange folders, including all Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, and Journal folders. You cannot allow access to private items in only one folder, but of course they have to have permissions on that folder first, before the private feature takes effect. :icon_ banana:

gmalsack

Reaction score
There's not a solution from the Droid platform.

I would have to disagree with this statement. I am also having this problem. I am using a zimbra server rather than an exchage server (we deprecated our exchange server in favor of zimbra 6 months ago). Anyways, I didn't have this problem with my Motorola Droid, but noticed the problem started when I upgraded to the droid 2.

My wife is using my original Droid, and does not have this problem. Her privacy option has 3 options, default, private, and public. My D2 only has private and public.

My Droid2 is running Android 2.2
My wife's Droid is running Android 2.2.1

I would have to say that if you can figure out how to upgrade to 2.2.1, you should be good to go.

Sorry, I don't remember how my original droid got to 2.2.1