Droid 2 2..3.1.5 update

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
ima let redflea continue helping you so you just have one voice talking. I am going to see if I can get patch000 up and running.

Hah - I'm lucky, you've got the tough one, the others are easy-peasy. :)

Bishang

Reaction score
FTW, Factory Reset worked. I think I'll just run stock until the OTA update and then root it.. lol.

LOL...factory reset didn't change any of the software, you're still on 2.3.15 if Factory Reset is all you did. :)

Factory Reset only removes all apps/settings/data you have on the phone (SD card is not touched).

So all you did is clear off all your stuff - the update (assuming it was applied successfully) is still there.

Check Settings>About and see what it says for System Version...likely it's 2.3.15 so you do have the update and a working phone. :)

Check to see if you still have root...open the Terminal program and type "su" and press enter...what happens?
I got a permission denied.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
FTW, Factory Reset worked. I think I'll just run stock until the OTA update and then root it.. lol.

LOL...factory reset didn't change any of the software, you're still on 2.3.15 if Factory Reset is all you did. :)

Factory Reset only removes all apps/settings/data you have on the phone (SD card is not touched).

So all you did is clear off all your stuff - the update (assuming it was applied successfully) is still there.

Check Settings>About and see what it says for System Version...likely it's 2.3.15 so you do have the update and a working phone. :)

Check to see if you still have root...open the Terminal program and type "su" and press enter...what happens?
I got a permission denied.

what about the version check in Settings>About - System Version?

You can easily re-root if you want to...you don't need to if you aren't using any apps that require it.

Unrooted, you can't use Clockwork Recovery to make a backup, can't use Titanium Backup to backup/restore/freeze apps, can't use ROM Manager, SetCPU to underclock your Droid when asleep to save power, etc.

Instructions to get root back are linked to from the page where the 2.3.15 leak was posted, if you want to re-root.

Bishang

Reaction score
I do have the update, and everything seems to be working fine. I think I'll just run stock for now :) lol

--------------

I lied.. I couldn't handle not having root.. lol. Seems like the one step method didn't work for me, but the two step I had originally rooted my phone with worked alright :)

Last edited:

patchm00

Reaction score
ima let redflea continue helping you so you just have one voice talking. I am going to see if I can get patch000 up and running.

Had to run out to get a bite to eat. Working on it now and I'll let you know

slowtype

Reaction score
battery statistics under battery manager no longer work.

Anyone else?

patchm00

Reaction score
Hey pc747,
I really don't understand how this can fix my phone since I can't get to anything to tell it PC mode etc. All I can get to is Android System Recovery and when Im there and plug in the USB nothing happens. I've installed the Motorola drivers but I don't even get an unrecognized device error. Am I missing something?

thanks

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
battery statistics under battery manager no longer work.

Anyone else?

YOu mean the profiles, or just viewing battery usage...I had heard others having issues w/the latter, though I never did.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey pc747,
I really don't understand how this can fix my phone since I can't get to anything to tell it PC mode etc. All I can get to is Android System Recovery and when Im there and plug in the USB nothing happens. I've installed the Motorola drivers but I don't even get an unrecognized device error. Am I missing something?

thanks

You need to be in bootloader mode...not in recovery, I've never seen an SBF not work...

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to get into bootloader power off, (battery pull), power on while holding physical up key

patchm00

Reaction score
Hey pc747,

thanks

You need to be in bootloader mode...not in recovery, I've never seen an SBF not work...

Bootloader mode? I have not been able to get into anything but recovery, how do you get to bootloader mode (remember PC747 already said the update killed his root so he can't get to CW at that point)?

EDIT: Oh, up arrow does this. Ok let me go try again.

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Because wiping data and cach did not fix your phone you are now using sbf rsdlite to reflash your phone. The only way to flash sbf is through the bootloader.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
here is a video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIdtdYqbasw]YouTube - Reverting Back to Stock 2.1 on the Droid X PT1[/ame]

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it says for the droid x but it is very similar except the files you will use are the 2 for the droid 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
here is part 2

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62KLc4kKN0]YouTube - Reverting Back to Stock 2.1 on the Droid X PT2[/ame]