Droid 2 2..3.1.5 update

Derek32

Reaction score
what are all these updates and "ROOTS" i keep hearing about?

everstar80

Reaction score
I think you have to be rooted in order to download a leaked update, but after several thread I have read it is rumored to come out in about a week.

jpetersen5

Reaction score
I think you have to be rooted in order to download a leaked update, but after several thread I have read it is rumored to come out in about a week.

Cool...Thanks!

I know I was able to D/l leaked updates on my D1 without root access, but I had never heard of Koush bootstrap, so I figured that was something that was with root access only.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely requires root - I just installed it using Clockwork Recovery.

Seems to run fine, haven't found any issues yet other than the Market seems slow, but that happens all the time regardless of ROM so likely coincidence.

Just after I installed this leak a new Gmail version appeared on the market - version 2.3...not sure if this was due to the ROM or just another coincidence...are you guys who haven't loaded this seeing the new Gmail version as well? I assume so...

This leak has been deodexed, did not upset my root, and I did wipe data when installing, all my apps were reinstalled properly.

BTW - since this ROM requires root I started a thread on this in the ROM section (seemed appropriate) before I saw this thread here...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/82441-new-d2-rom-leak-2-3-15-a.html

There's always the possibility that this leak includes some of the fixes some have been hoping for, like the issue w/requiring a PIN when an Exchange account is added even if the setting on the server for a PIN is turned off. Be interesting if someone in that situation would try it.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Definitely requires root - I just installed it using Clockwork Recovery.

Seems to run fine, haven't found any issues yet other than the Market seems slow, but that happens all the time regardless of ROM so likely coincidence.

Just after I installed this leak a new Gmail version appeared on the market - version 2.3...not sure if this was due to the ROM or just another coincidence...are you guys who haven't loaded this seeing the new Gmail version as well? I assume so...

This leak has been deodexed, did not upset my root, and I did wipe data when installing, all my apps were reinstalled properly.

BTW - since this ROM requires root I started a thread on this in the ROM section (seemed appropriate) before I saw this thread here...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-roms/82441-new-d2-rom-leak-2-3-15-a.html

I don't have the leak and the gmail update is in the market for me too.

everstar80

Reaction score
No prblem. I had to dig a little bit to make sure. Makes me want to call motorola and see if they will be releasing this soon. I have been hearing that it may not be froyo but gingerbread. Have to dig more to fin that out though.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
No prblem. I had to dig a little bit to make sure. Makes me want to call motorola and see if they will be releasing this soon. I have been hearing that it may not be froyo but gingerbread. Have to dig more to fin that out though.

If you mean this release, it is not Gingerbread...the updated system version is 2.3.15, and Android version is 2.2, not 3.x. Gingerbread is supposed to be 3.x.

My build number remained "VZW" - did not change.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
well.... if this DX flyer pertains to us as well, then we should see some of this... VZ NAV preinstalled???

Verizon Motorola Droid X will get Froyo upgrade tomorrow Unwired View

Thanks for the link...looks like stuff listed is what we mostly already have, since we've already been on 2.2, aside from the VZ Nav, which I can confirm is not included in the D2 2.3.15 leak that we have now.

Wonder how much longer before VZW releases the D2 update - maybe staggering that w/the DX release so they don't overload their servers...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
2.3.15 benchmarks (quadrant) about the same as 2.2.20, but it feels somewhat faster/smoother. Could be all in my head...

Druuseph

Reaction score
So does anyone know what has been fixed/changed in this update? Is it even worth doing?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know what has been fixed/changed in this update? Is it even worth doing?

ha ha….that's the 50 million dollar question. I'll bet we don't get an answer.

People get excited when there is an update (me too). But I'm not rooted so I'll wait.

This leak may be great. Or it could be flawed.