droid 1 screen blacked out

#1townie

Reaction score
well im not really sure how to explain this but i will try. i have searched and found other threads sort of like this.

first off it is the droid 1 and it is rooted. i have not played with any mods or anything like that. i just did it to do wireless teathering. i use the teathering about once a week maybe. i got a new text and went to open the phone and the screen lite up a little but was black at the same time. i thought the phone froze and pulled the battery. i restarted the phone and it was the same as before. no screen but everything lights up. i did the d pad up and power button thing and got the white writing to flash but accidently shut the phone off. repowerd the phone up once again and now it was freezing at the moto m. so now i did the power button and pushing X. phone kicked on. no triangle or anything just started like normal. i finished the text then turned the screen off. well when i went to turn the screen back on it was black again. i am able to reset the phone by pulling the battery and then putting it back in. the phone fires up like normal just with no screen. i even gives me the sound of having new messages. i can recieved phone calls. the touch part of the screen still works there is just no screen.

i need this phone for work and i am all kinds of confused. please help.

OP

#1townie

Reaction score
51 views and nada? i did find a thread but the guys says he beasts his phone and fixs the problem but doesnt say how. well guess this will be another one of those thread. on my way into verizon to get a new phone.