Droid 1 - CyanogenMod 6.1.2 - Black Glass Boot Looping

ik3w00t

Reaction score
The theme looks absolutely gorgeous, but I'm having trouble installing. After looking through everything here, I can't yet fix it.

With CyanogenMod 6.1.2 on my Droid 1, I booted into Clockworkmod Recovery to install 928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-wADWlauncher.zip. This causes Boot Looping, forcing me to roll back with nandroid. Using the Launcher2 version produces the same result.

I decided to try with a fresh CM 6.1.2 install followed by Black Glass. The install order looked like this, all at once in Clockworkmod Recovery:
1. Factory reset wipe
2. Install update-cm-6.1.2-Droid-signed.zip (CyanogenMod)
3. Install gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip (CM6 Google Addons)
4. Install 928DroidBlackGlass-2-2x-CM6-wADWlauncher.zip

All seems to install correctly, but again leads to Boot Looping. Trying to install from ROM Manager results in the same.

Any ideas?

ArmyDude

Reaction score
I'm ignorant to CyanogenMod... So excuse me if this sounds stupid....

After each install package.... did you boot into the phone and make sure things were working.... Then reboot into ClockworkMod and do the Black Glass Theme?

OP
I

ik3w00t

Reaction score
I'm ignorant to CyanogenMod... So excuse me if this sounds stupid....

After each install package.... did you boot into the phone and make sure things were working.... Then reboot into ClockworkMod and do the Black Glass Theme?

Yes, installing the CyanogenMod package and then booting into the phone works and is stable. After that, installing the CM Google Addons package and then booting into the phone works fine. When then installing the Black Glass package, the install seems to go fine, but then leads to a Boot Loop, even with fresh installs of everything else.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Have you tried another data wipe/ factory reset after installing the theme?

OP
I

ik3w00t

Reaction score
Have you tried another data wipe/ factory reset after installing the theme?

Did that just now. With CM6 installed, went back into Clockworkmod, installed the Black Glass package, immediately followed by a factory reset wipe, then rebooted. Same result, it boot loops.

OP
I

ik3w00t

Reaction score
Also, since the Black Glass theme for CyanogenMod seems to be for CM 6.0.0 RC2, out of curiosity I did a factory reset wipe and did a clean install of CM 6.0.0 RC2 (I had been attempting this with CM 6.1.2). Alone, this version of CM worked fine, and with the Google Addons, but an install of Black Glass wADWLauncher again led to Boot Looping.

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Also, since the Black Glass theme for CyanogenMod seems to be for CM 6.0.0 RC2, out of curiosity I did a factory reset wipe and did a clean install of CM 6.0.0 RC2 (I had been attempting this with CM 6.1.2). Alone, this version of CM worked fine, and with the Google Addons, but an install of Black Glass wADWLauncher again led to Boot Looping.

The theme was likely made for CM 6.0, but they may have altered the framework since then. Installing a theme not made for the version you have can cause problems.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
A theme made for CM 6.0 will not work on 6.1.2.

Yes, themes are THAT picky. Too much has changed from 6.0 to 6.1, and there were changes from 6.1 to 6.1.2, so... Yeah, not going to work. Restore your backup you made right before the install and you should be good to go.

OP
I

ik3w00t

Reaction score
A bit of a misunderstanding, I have the same boot looping problem whether I install the theme on CM 6.0.0 RC2 or CM 6.1.2. Both clean CM installs, both work before attempting the Black Glass install.

OP
I

ik3w00t

Reaction score
As far as I know there aren't any themes for .1.2 yet. I thought the theme on 928Droid's website was for 6.0 stable.

You are correct. I finally realized just to try with CM 6.0.0 Stable. And it finally worked, Black Glass installed and booted with no Boot Looping.

Now my problem is this:
PNtpp.png

The info on top bar such as date and time, as well as the info displayed on the pull-down menu, are in black when they should be in white so the text is readable. Any help with that?

Edit: CM 6.0.0 worked fine on its own, followed by trying it with Google Addons, then finally installing Black Glass followed by another Factory Wipe Reset. After rebooting, the text areas shown are black instead of white.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You did flash *Black*Glass. :) The theme is black. You have to change the app's notification color to white and some apps won't have that option, same with the clock and whatnot. Dig into the CyanogenMod settings under UI tweaks to see if you can find a way to set it up as a STOCK_Black theme because that might help.

OP
I

ik3w00t

Reaction score
You did flash *Black*Glass. :) The theme is black. You have to change the app's notification color to white and some apps won't have that option, same with the clock and whatnot. Dig into the CyanogenMod settings under UI tweaks to see if you can find a way to set it up as a STOCK_Black theme because that might help.

Yes, the theme is black, but all the screenshots I've seen have shown white text on the status bar, so I assumed that was a feature 928droid automatically changed.

Anyway, the fix was located in CyanogenMod's UI settings. Thanks for all the help!