Downloading lolipop now

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Running out of patience at this point. Will try Kies and hope for the best.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
What is wake lock??

I downloaded and installed Kies and backed up everything but how do I download Lolipop with Kies?? I must be missing something.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
What is wake lock??

I downloaded and installed Kies and backed up everything but how do I download Lolipop with Kies?? I must be missing something.
Try downloading the update but keep your screen on the whole time. I know it sounds boring but as mentioned your phone turning off and entering deep sleep may be causing issues.

Sent from my Note 4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
What is wake lock??

There's a better explanation than I can provide here What are wakelocks how they affect the battery life of your Android device and how to Greenify them
I've had to deal with wake lock issues on a couple occasions with FoxFi on my S3. I installed the wake lock app and would enable it before using FoxFi and it would in turn help keep FoxFi connected without my phone timing out and disconnecting FoxFi. After doing a factory reset the problem was resolved for me, but I suggested it to you as a temporary fix of getting your update downloaded. Once you update you'll want to do a FDR anyway, so again it's just a temporary fix. Worth a try.
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Will give that a try. Have to wait another 6 hours to "check for update". How dumb is that when the update is available..Oh well.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Dammit. How frustrating. I got through 100% of the download. It rebooted and told me the installation was interrupted. Screw it. I'll stick with kitkat.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I tried another download. Soon as it started, I turned off wifi to see if that made a difference. It did. The download stopped, I turned it back on and it's downloading again. If this fails, I'll try the wake lock app. Is any one of them better than the others?

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I would boot into "Safe Mode", then download and install. This should be a guarantee that nothing interferes

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Ok. Will try that. Just got done with the 3d try. Same result.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You don't want to start a download like this in WiFi and then turn it off, you need to do one or the other. Have you tried downloading it with WiFi completely off and just use your data only?
Strange it makes you wait so many hours before you can try again. I've never had it do that on my device.

S5 tap'n

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
You don't want to start a download like this in WiFi and then turn it off, you need to do one or the other. Have you tried downloading it with WiFi completely off and just use your data only?

S5 tap'n
Ay&T requires the download thru WiFi only. You can't download over data...

At least that is my understanding

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not true. While it tells you to use WiFi, you don't have to. I've never used WiFi with any of my updates, even though it tells you to.

S5 tap'n