Don't Want To Use Outlook

pcrowell

Reaction score
Or as I like to call it, "Lookout". My current PIM is a Palm PDA, I do not want to use Outlook, and wondering what other desktop sync PIM options may be out there for the Windows environment.

Pierce

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or as I like to call it, "Lookout". My current PIM is a Palm PDA, I do not want to use Outlook, and wondering what other desktop sync PIM options may be out there for the Windows environment.

Pierce

First :welcome: to the forum! we hope you enjoy your time here. I'm sure someone wil come in behind me and answer this question. I'll do some reasearch also ;)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey and welcome to the forum. Glad to see you here, I hope you have fun and enjoy your stay here.

OP
P

pcrowell

Reaction score
Do you mean I should use Sunbird and Google Sync for my desktop option if I don't want Outlook? I'm not too thrilled by Sunbird. Isn't there a Thunderbird extension for a Cal too. Does it work with Google Sync?

My contract renews Nov 6th...It's my Verizon Birthday tomorrow and I already know what my gift is.

See y'all in line...

Pierce

Leastbay

Reaction score
can you download google sync on your phone? I am not familiar with palm. Try doing that and it should send all your contacts to Gmail.

OP
P

pcrowell

Reaction score
can you download google sync on your phone? I am not familiar with palm. Try doing that and it should send all your contacts to Gmail.
I've already converted over to Google. I did it manually using .cvs files. Google's address field poops out in the conversion though. My question is about what desktop Cal, Task Mgr, and Contacts Mgr I can use that maintains Read/Write when not online.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I've already converted over to Google. I did it manually using .cvs files. Google's address field poops out in the conversion though. My question is about what desktop Cal, Task Mgr, and Contacts Mgr I can use that maintains Read/Write when not online.

Be nice if Google made a Desktop Calendar/Gmail app.