Don't forget to make an introduction thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hi, I've just broke my droid cherry for the very first time. I Kept putting it off every since the first droid X or the incredible. It's been so long I cant remember which one but it's been a long time. Waiting for the latest and the greatest I got the "Bionic". So when they told use we were grandfathered in our unlimited data plan I got my wife the "Thunderbolt" plus the $100 new every two that we had and the $100 gift card for each of our old chocolate's. I'll in up paying $99 for the bionic so we had to go for it! I'm looking forward to leaning new thing and making new friends.

Welcome to the Site!!

And you managed to get a pretty darn good deal there for sure so good job to you! Don't afraid to jump in and be a part of our great community here!

friedmjb

Reaction score
Hey - I finally registered to the site. Looking for ways to optimize my D2G which I have had for about 6 months. Works fine, but so did my old HTC Touch Pro 2. Yes, I am proud to admit that I enjoyed Windows Mobile, especially when it comes to outlook. I have the gingerbread update for my D2G.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey - I finally registered to the site. Looking for ways to optimize my D2G which I have had for about 6 months. Works fine, but so did my old HTC Touch Pro 2. Yes, I am proud to admit that I enjoyed Windows Mobile, especially when it comes to outlook. I have the gingerbread update for my D2G.

Hmmmm...I'm thinking Cm7? Enjoy the freedom and not to mention the customization and um....SPEED! Welcome to the forum! And Android...I liked windows ok too...but honestly love the android OS overall....AOSP baby..gotta love the pure google experience!

One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!

gossett

Reaction score
Let's see. I am currently in Nowhere, Ohio. I have a great job and love IT. I wish I didn't as when it doesn't work neither do people for some reason. it's disgusting really. Anyway i've been in IT about 20 years and can pretty much hack it all. Just got my droid Bionic though my first time was with the LG Ally (yeah I know it was free).

I love being outside and despise sitting behind the desk but since we have to make money might as well do this! I love to read and write and would perish without my kindle (actually I prefer REAL books but it seems publishers see them as a dying breed). I have two wonderful awesome boys who are the reason I strive to be a better person father and man. tha'ts me in a nutshell as a writer I could go on but this will do.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's see. I am currently in Nowhere, Ohio. I have a great job and love IT. I wish I didn't as when it doesn't work neither do people for some reason. it's disgusting really. Anyway i've been in IT about 20 years and can pretty much hack it all. Just got my droid Bionic though my first time was with the LG Ally (yeah I know it was free).

I love being outside and despise sitting behind the desk but since we have to make money might as well do this! I love to read and write and would perish without my kindle (actually I prefer REAL books but it seems publishers see them as a dying breed). I have two wonderful awesome boys who are the reason I strive to be a better person father and man. tha'ts me in a nutshell as a writer I could go on but this will do.

Welcome to the forum..I too have kids and love being Dad, and striving to just be the best I can be is important to me as well..Needless to say they also want the newest androids..lol We are all musicians...I have a regular job and I work on smartphones and such with reapairs and software on the side:) Happy ROMing and flashing brother, and hope to see you enjoying the threads........the drummer:)
One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!

wavingirl

Reaction score
Hi from Georgia,
Had my DROID x almost 2 years and no problems till this new update. Can someone tell me how to save pictures from text message? Can't figure out how after update.
Thanks,
Wavingirl

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi from Georgia,
Had my DROID x almost 2 years and no problems till this new update. Can someone tell me how to save pictures from text message? Can't figure out how after update.
Thanks,
Wavingirl
When you "long press" the picture, what menu option do you get?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi from Georgia,
Thanks,
Wavingirl

Hello and welcome! I'm in Warner Robins! Lol Another GA friend! I see someone has already helped..That's the amazing forum for you! Enjoy the forums! Peace!

Wrote a song about it, Like to hear it? Here it go!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Owner of a new Bionic. Looking for answers.

Welcome to DF!

You have certainly come to the right place for information. Don't be afraid to stick around and ask questions when you have them!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wauktown8447

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Im new here. Located just north of Waukegan, Illinois. Just got my new droid 3 a few days ago. Could someone please help me with one thing. I want to enable my phone to power up after it goes in sleep mode without having to push the volume or power key. Example....I let my phone sit for a minute then it goes black right...ok fine. but I dont wanna have to hit the power or volume key everytime to bring it back up...how can I just touch the screen and bring it back active???

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody. Im new here. Located just north of Waukegan, Illinois. Just got my new droid 3 a few days ago. Could someone please help me with one thing. I want to enable my phone to power up after it goes in sleep mode without having to push the volume or power key. Example....I let my phone sit for a minute then it goes black right...ok fine. but I dont wanna have to hit the power or volume key everytime to bring it back up...how can I just touch the screen and bring it back active???

Well, being rooted, if you are, you will find there are ROMs available and tools to asign actions...in my case, I have my proximity set so when it comes out or in the case, it comes on or off..know what I mean? Its that simple..find a proximity app, or an app that has these features..I believe cm7 rom has this ability...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Wauktown8447

Reaction score
man hope I dont sound dumb but what a rom? rooted? so I have to go to apps and look up a proximity app?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
man hope I dont sound dumb but what a rom? rooted? so I have to go to apps and look up a proximity app?

Ok brother hold up...lol Um you must really be new to this, but fret not...First, check around and see if root is for you..I can asure you its safe, and if you make a backup and learn to sbf, you'll never have to worry about your warranty...anyway, Welcome to the forum...I would like to add, you have a Godly device...Root may not really be something you feel a necessity..however, it will save much battery by freezing bloat.. Also ROMs are being made always for our devices...They are an alternative to what your seeing and running now...Stock is ok, but not for everyone...Your machine you hold in your hands is more than you can possibly imagine...So, "rooting" will basically give you development access or total access to your files..so you can change many things, including speed and etc...Most people freeze their bloat..some of us, including me, run a whole different system that would and does blow peoples minds..It doesn't look like the UI it came with and the speeds are rediculous..lol Anyway...You may be able to find in the market, and app that will do what I was stating earlier...Its proximity can be asigned tasks like, wake phone on "whatever distance it is from your case to the phone to make it stay off", to coming on, when the distance is farther away..see? Proximity! Lol It will do many things..These phones can find ghosts if you believe in them..lol Ok..well, I have to get to work..you can pm me if you want to root...if so..I have all the info you need...Also, there are many other qualified users that can help...I am one of the many...lol I have been doing this for a few years...I also fix broken phones...lol peace! If you have any questions just ask..I will check my box when I can! Welcome to the machine!!! And remember, Look around, on youtube and google your phone and see what root can do..and search google for proximity awaken apps....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.