Don't forget to make an introduction thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathymably

Reaction score
Hi - I just found you guys and am grateful that there is a site to help answer some questions or at least direct us "dummies" to the answer.

I have been with Verizon for over 15 years now and my husband and I both own the Droid 2. I honestly love the phone. We just got the update this weekend and are trying to figure everything out.

Based on just looking around the forum, it looks like you guys are a wealth of knowledge. Thank you for helping us newbies.:happy:

chomtone

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!!

Been following the forums since the D1 hit the streets and for whatever reason decided to join the party. I'm not the most tech savvy guy, but reading through the threads I've picked up some great info. Thank you!! I am less than 24 hours away from laying my OG Triple OG D1 to rest in favor of the Bionic. *peaks out window for FedEx driver* Hope to learn more about Droid and join in on some convo.

Thanks for having me!!

-Thomas aka "Chom"

JensGems

Reaction score
home is West Coast/working and living on the East
Hey all <waving>,

I'm a technicalogically challenged Grandma with a LOVE/HATE relationship with D2!

I'm not new to droid. Started with Droid Motorola in April or May of 2010, had a lil accident with it and had to upgrade to The Motorola Droid 2 in September 2010. For the most part, I LOVE droid2... I do have a couple of complaints though. One, I was severly disappointed when there was no User Manual! I live for user manuals and owners handbooks and I may have been the one person on this planet who actually read them. I don't just mean skimming the pages either. I mean, learned them by heart. Referred to their pages often. Dog earred, page turning worn out read it more than the Bible kind of Love them... So over the months, I've suffered through the things I dont know how to do or that I dont even realize exist and slowly learn a little more about this thing as things just naturally come up. I had the phone a full year before I even realized it had a built in Kindle App. Like the Video rental app I thought it was something I have to pay to activate or something so I never bothered it. Tried to delete it once but like stupid City ID, Block buster movies and a few other things, they refuse to be deleted and go away...

Anyhow, It took me a year and a half to realize there was a forum for this thing so I hope to learn ALOT now... I can see that there are 100s of topics, and posts to wade through so I better get busy.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hey all <waving>,

I'm a technicalogically challenged Grandma with a LOVE/HATE relationship with D2!

I'm not new to droid. Started with Droid Motorola in April or May of 2010, had a lil accident with it and had to upgrade to The Motorola Droid 2 in September 2010. For the most part, I LOVE droid2... I do have a couple of complaints though. One, I was severly disappointed when there was no User Manual! I live for user manuals and owners handbooks and I may have been the one person on this planet who actually read them. I don't just mean skimming the pages either. I mean, learned them by heart. Referred to their pages often. Dog earred, page turning worn out read it more than the Bible kind of Love them... So over the months, I've suffered through the things I dont know how to do or that I dont even realize exist and slowly learn a little more about this thing as things just naturally come up. I had the phone a full year before I even realized it had a built in Kindle App. Like the Video rental app I thought it was something I have to pay to activate or something so I never bothered it. Tried to delete it once but like stupid City ID, Block buster movies and a few other things, they refuse to be deleted and go away...

Anyhow, It took me a year and a half to realize there was a forum for this thing so I hope to learn ALOT now... I can see that there are 100s of topics, and posts to wade through so I better get busy.

welcome to the forum. u came to the right place. the community is here to assist u...enjoy ur stay

ALOHA from Hawaii

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!!

Been following the forums since the D1 hit the streets and for whatever reason decided to join the party. I'm not the most tech savvy guy, but reading through the threads I've picked up some great info. Thank you!! I am less than 24 hours away from laying my OG Triple OG D1 to rest in favor of the Bionic. *peaks out window for FedEx driver* Hope to learn more about Droid and join in on some convo.

Thanks for having me!!

-Thomas aka "Chom"

welcome to the forum. let us know how the new toy works out. give us some feed back in the Bionic section....enjoy ur stay

ALOHA from Hawaii

umpire.20

Reaction score
Hey all <waving>,

JensJems....

You can go to the Motorola web site (via this link) and get the user manual you desire.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/DROID2/US-EN/_Documents/Static_Files/DROID2_UG_US_ENG_VZW_68014406001a.pdf

Hope that helps you out.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Phone geek, wish I could get paid for playing.

Glad to be here.

Welcome to the site!!

And I like that. If I got paid for tinkering with my phone I would be able to retire now lol.

Dissentologist

Reaction score
Hello everyone.... I'm migrating from another forum to be here at the premier "droid" forum.

Currently have a Bionic and a Droid X... really enjoying the bionic so far... looking forward to rumored "Prime".

Glad to be here... with droid family!

wyld

Reaction score
hi all new from ga. lg optimus m
im on metro but i hope you all dont mind me here

Welcome to the forum! Of course we don't mind the more the better! Lol

DroidX DarkSlideX Velocity

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
hi all new from ga. lg optimus m
im on metro but i hope you all dont mind me here

I too am in GA! Haha Small world? Nah just many awesome members from all walks of life..Ever need help, PM me! But usually I'm on the forums..Unless at work:-( lol Peace!

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

Status
Not open for further replies.