Dolphin Browser HD

Haha, the only HUGE reason I got this browser is cause you can download YouTube videos... I will have to just not update hahaha...

Haha, the only HUGE reason I got this browser is cause you can download YouTube videos... I will have to just not update hahaha...

I was thinking the same thing! That's why I had it also. Now they got rid of tube downloader it really sucks! I still have youtube ripper tho. :)

Im going to keep a copy of the original APK, see if the new one can be modified suing files from the old... might be out of my knowledge but well see. Even so if I have an old one that'll be my backup!

Does anyone have the dolphin hd apk that we used before this hit the market?

Does anyone have the dolphin hd apk that we used before this hit the market?
Look on page 1 or 2 of this thread. A guy posted up the apk and I just installed it. Option to download youtube videos is still there.

Don't mind it running on startup.... it's FAR and AWAY my favorite browser. Gestures is awesome. I just ain't gonna upgrade so I can keep saving my favorite youtube vids. I've been hooked on watching really good drummers pounding the skins.

Dolphin Browser HD has recently updated their browser. The "hotfix" includes removing the ability to download YouTube videos as well as fixing the load on startup issue some were having.

Someone please link me the old version, as I flashed and didn't have the old one backed up. I realize there are other ways to download YouTube videos but I kind of wanted to check this one out to see if it was any good!!

Gestures is awesome.

What do you use gestures for? I don't ever need to use them. Stuff like back and forward are easily accomplished in other (faster?) ways. Scrolling to the top of a page might be faster with a gesture but I don't do that very often.

On a side note, I like how they got rid of some of the quirks of the old dolphin. One thing I had to get used to was not being able to doubletap to see the tabs. Now you just have to hit menu, which is easy and intuitive.

Gestures is awesome.

What do you use gestures for? I don't ever need to use them. Stuff like back and forward are easily accomplished in other (faster?) ways. Scrolling to the top of a page might be faster with a gesture but I don't do that very often.

On a side note, I like how they got rid of some of the quirks of the old dolphin. One thing I had to get used to was not being able to doubletap to see the tabs. Now you just have to hit menu, which is easy and intuitive.

I see where you are coming from, but everybody has preferences. Like me with xScope, the buttons are way too small and too much of the stuff I do actually does the opposite of what I want. Like clicking a tab of a browser I am already on once I do not want to close the tab, I want to open an option menu like every other web browser on my computer (like a right click). I made a unique gesture for opening up addons so that I can access the Google services addon quickly. A less useful one I made for bookmarks. A lot of times at night my four moto buttons at the bottom do not light up, and although I know where the menu button is, I don't always like accidentally hitting the back button. Gestures allows me to go to the bookmarks every time if I'm in a dark location where my buttons don't light up.

I made one for closing a tab simply because I sometimes accidentally hit the tab of another browser when clicking the X button, but I still like the X to be there for other occasions.

To each his own.. I really like the gestures.

Just remember if you do a gesture where you lift your finger and draw something else for the same gesture (like the second line for the cross of an X) to draw it using the first cross you drew in the gesture first. I know this seems obvious but I made a big X for my close browser gesture, and didn't realize that when I created the gesture I drew the X backwards from the way I write Xs on paper. So it took me a couple minutes to figure out why it would not recognize the gesture. I redrew it and now it works every time dancedroid

OK, cool. Thank you for the examples. I want to use the gestures, but I'm not quite sure which ones I like.

Dolphin HD rocks!! I'm so happy about it. I don't want to stir up a hornet's nest here, but I really don't understand the people that say xScope is better. In what possible way is xScope better? I think the guy should just stop developing it.

This browser drained too much juice for my likings. Looks neat tho

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I haven't noticed that. I do exit when I'm done using it. Maybe that's why. You can exit dolphin via the menu or by longpressing your phone's back arrow.

I noticed it used more juice than stock, not a whole lot more but I use the browser a lot and it all adds up for me in the end.

This browser drained too much juice for my likings. Looks neat tho

I haven't noticed that. I do exit when I'm done using it. Maybe that's why. You can exit dolphin via the menu or by longpressing your phone's back arrow.

I noticed it used more juice than stock, not a whole lot more but I use the browser a lot and it all adds up for me in the end.

Could it be that the browser was so awesome that you used it more than stock? I can get a lot more browsing done with tabs in dolphin than with stock's "windows". I longpress links in dolphin, they open in a new background window, I keep browsing and longpressing. Then I hit menu to bring up the tab bar and switch over to a tab that has loaded in the background. I'm longpressing and scrolling, flicking, zooming. Sorry, I just saw this ridiculous youtube video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6bmrqIsP8

Dolphin HD seems nice, but haven't used it much. Definitely better than stock (why is that??). With Dolphin, I could organize bookmarks in alpha order. Dolphin HD doesn't. Too bad.

Back