Does this give Bionic buyers any hope?

wseyller

Reaction score
Give me some hope. I expect their to be lots of developers for the bionic since it has lots of hype. Hopefully not too many developers jumped to a different phone due to the long wait.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Locked bootloader fans gonna hate... unless it comes unlocked out the box. Me personally, I like to play with the device as it was meant to be upon release, then halfway plus do I consider voiding my warranty over a little customization. I dont NEED root for a fast new phone. I do need root when we are 6-12 months in and the crap is starting to bog my phone down.

J

JohnDroid

Locked bootloader fans gonna hate... unless it comes unlocked out the box. Me personally, I like to play with the device as it was meant to be upon release, then halfway plus do I consider voiding my warranty over a little customization. I dont NEED root for a fast new phone. I do need root when we are 6-12 months in and the crap is starting to bog my phone down.

I agree. While an unlocked bootloader would be great from the factory -- I would still be happy with a later patch/app that unlocks it down the road. (ie, 3 months, etc)

wseyller

Reaction score
I'm spoiled with having unlocked boot loader. I hope it happens quick. I enjoy customizing my phone with different roms/kernels. Why should moto/verizon be able to dictate

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't need an unlocked bootloader on release. I'd rather them focus on releasing a solid phone, the bootloader will get unlocked later on, when we get bored and want to customize the phone to hell.

OP
Zregnier

Zregnier

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't need an unlocked bootloader on release. I'd rather them focus on releasing a solid phone, the bootloader will get unlocked later on, when we get bored and want to customize the phone to hell.

Totally agree. I just want to uninstall all the worthless apps that Verizon/Moto demand we have on the phone. Oh and 4g wireless tether wouldn't hurt either!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

holjes

Reaction score
I don't mind not having the bootloader unlocked from the get go. Although the only thing i am concerned about is being able to remove the bloatware. Hate staring at apps that i never use and cant remove.

bigkhan

Reaction score
I hoping for it to be unlocked ASAP. i use my wireless teather regulary, and dont want to pay verizon any more money. it should be included in your data plan anyway

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well for even more hope....the Atrix already had this done. Thats 2 Moto's phones released this year, one from the beginning of this year.

I think it gives hope to Droid X2, Droid 3 and future Bionic owners.

wseyller

Reaction score
Root alone will satisfy your wireless tethering. No unlocked boot loader required. No phone, no software, no anything is done right from the start. Moto/verizon will only develop/release software upgrades in which is practical to them. It is not always in our best interest. Developers in our community develop and improve on existing software that is in our best interest. This is especially important in the end of lifespan of a device when the oem discontinue such a device. The community developers increase that life span and accomplish what oems claim were impossible.

I want to decide what apps are installed, decde what UI is on my phone. If I want to theme it then I should be able to. I want a choice of kernal, or baseband. Whether I want to overclock, underclock, undervolt, should be my choice. Titanium backups, clockwork recoveries, and nandroid backups are my favorite things.

Dark_Angel1337

Reaction score
Root alone will satisfy your wireless tethering. No unlocked boot loader required. No phone, no software, no anything is done right from the start. Moto/verizon will only develop/release software upgrades in which is practical to them. It is not always in our best interest. Developers in our community develop and improve on existing software that is in our best interest. This is especially important in the end of lifespan of a device when the oem discontinue such a device. The community developers increase that life span and accomplish what oems claim were impossible.

I want to decide what apps are installed, decde what UI is on my phone. If I want to theme it then I should be able to. I want a choice of kernal, or baseband. Whether I want to overclock, underclock, undervolt, should be my choice. Titanium backups, clockwork recoveries, and nandroid backups are my favorite things.

Hear hear!!!