does the droid incredible even NEED a screen protector?

Sutasei

Reaction score
Some women do use a purse you know. :p

Sent from my Droid Incredible using DroidForums App.

I have the same conversation with my girlfriend. She has a 4 year old MOTO razr. It's beat all to Hell. Why can't she just dedicate a pocket to just the phone. You always know where it is. I don't understand the big unorganized purse anyway.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Haha. Yeah, I can understand that. Sometimes (Most of the time) we're all in a rush to get ready or get to where we need to go and just toss it in there. I know I do. I'm glad I have the protector things.

Rated_R

Reaction score
I can definitely understand the need for cases and screen protectors they are just not for me.

Posted via Tapatalk on an Incredible.

mrs. incredible

Reaction score
not sure about a screen protector but i'd get a case at least. i just went through the insurance claim process for a cracked screen- not fun.

Logan176

Reaction score
I don't use one on my Dinc but I do have a Sedio case that I like a lot. I've dropped my phone several times and one time it cartwheeled down the road. The case did its job. I don't keep anything in the same pocket as my phone so the way I look at it, if a rock hits the screen it's going to do a lot more damage than just a little scratch. No plastic film is going to stop a scratch.

Sent using my Droid Incredible

rumspringa00

Reaction score
Had my dinc for about six months. One of the first things i did when i got it was slap on a screen protector. Just changed it the other day..held it up to a light revealing a crossword puzzle of scratches while leaving my dinc in pristineish condition. I’d say yeah defiantly get one.

tigerdango

Reaction score
You don't even need a screen protector if you're careful with it and handle it right.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

usn.mustanger

Reaction score
My coworker has an Incredible and her screen totally shattered last week so...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
...so...what? A screen protector is NOT going to protect the screen from shattering-just small nicks and scratches.
Derp.

Posted from my iPhone-eating Droid Incredible using DroidForums app

tigerdango

Reaction score
The absolute best thing you can use to protect any electronic is you. That's right, you. Honestly the very, very vast majority of people have no respect for their electronics or any idea how to properly take care of them. The chances are very, very probable that Ink's co-worker shattering her screen was from something that would have been -her-fault (i.e. dropping it because she wasn't paying attention). These things can be prevented. I practically baby my electronics. There is a reason that from my introduction to electronics at an extremely young age until now I've not really had problems with them.

Rated_R

Reaction score
The absolute best thing you can use to protect any electronic is you. That's right, you. Honestly the very, very vast majority of people have no respect for their electronics or any idea how to properly take care of them. The chances are very, very probable that Ink's co-worker shattering her screen was from something that would have been -her-fault (i.e. dropping it because she wasn't paying attention). These things can be prevented. I practically baby my electronics. There is a reason that from my introduction to electronics at an extremely young age until now I've not really had problems with them.

I agree here. This is my baby. It gets a dedicated pocket. It's always sat on desk/table/seat next to me. The money to replace is to hard to come by. Even worse that I have the amoled screen. What are the chances of me getting another one. Not very good.

Sent from the van down by the river.

dhwes

Reaction score
I'm rough on phones, considering I had to pay for my work cell phone I got a screen protector and a case. I break I pay full price.... insurance is not available since the company pays for the service.

Waveraider

Reaction score

+2. I have always taken great care of my smartphones, and have never used a screen protector. On the other hand, my daughter walks in the house, literally throws her phone and keys on the granite countertop in the kitchen, and wonders why her phone and key fob always break.:icon_evil:

MxChris

Reaction score
The first thing I did when my wife and I got our incredibles a couple weeks ago was to put on some screen protectors from monopricehttp://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10833&cs_id=1083308&p_id=7474&seq=1&format=2. I bought them the week prior knowing I'd be getting these phones. Overkill? I don't think so, they're absolutely invisible don't have any sort of "rubbery" feeling to the screen, it feels the same as the glass if put on correctly. I put my wifes protector on and had a few bubbles/dust specs, would drive me nuts looking at that but she said leave it, it's fine for now. I put mine on and it went on perfectly on the first try, it's absolutely invisible and centered beautifully. I have a couple spares and will re-do hers when it's a bit worn in a few months. It's already saved my wife from a scratch or two as is, for a couple dollars why wouldn't you put one on?

FF5 Fan

Reaction score
Yeah the screen protector on my inc is horrific. The entire center is white with scratches, from normal use(tapping, sliding, pinch-zoom, etc.) A screen protector is definitely worth a few bucks extra!

Sent from my HTC Incredible

moviemogul

Reaction score
I put a Steinheil Anti Glare on my screen the day I bought it. Less need to clean the screen, and it went on perfectly. It also helps with resale when it comes time to upgrade

tsnstuff

Reaction score
Back in the days of resistive screens I'd always use screen protectors because those used to scratch so easily. When I got an Iphone I knew the body would scratch easily but the screen wouldn't so I never bothered with a protector. Never bothered with a case either because it may keep the phone looking nice, but then the phone always looks like crap while in the case.

When I sold my iPhone to get a Droid the screen was beautiful, the rest of the phone wasn't super scratched but there were obviously some scratches. I've treated the Droid the same way, although I've noticed the body of the droid certainly seems less resistant to damage than the iPhone. It has all these little dents and scratches, but the screen itself is fine.

I always try to put the phone in a pocket by itself. NEVER with the keys. When I got an Ipod Touch 4th Gen, I threw it in the same pocket as the DROID and that was a mistake, my Ipod Screen actually got a couple of very thin scratches, hardly noticeable but I know they are there. So I actually bought a leather pouch type of case to protect that and now it goes in with the keys.