Does Gingerbread not support WMAs?

ohioDroid

Reaction score
This may be Gingerbread, it may be the app I am using (Cubed media player) but after my update to Gingerbread (Pete's "stock" version, GPA12) I am finding that Cubed player is having all sorts of trouble.

Albums that are WMA files are displayed in the player but listed as having 0 length, and the names of the songs are 'null'.

Cubed then screws up album art, but that may be because it detects files it should be able to play but is unable to use them and things get all weird.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix?

yamahansolo

Reaction score
Its not that gingerbread doesn't support it because I have been running 2.3 since end of dec. and. Rock player will play them. I copied my part of my wifes build properties and used roottools to add stagefright, meta,http back in. There were multiple files that I noticed in her 6.1.2 cyanogen. I have to break out my linux machine to see what's different. Also I did a lot of searching on the net and there appears to be a fix for the evo I think. I also found a lot of people complaining when2.2 started that they lost there wma abilities, the changelog in cyanogen shows around 4. Something somebody added wma fix. If we could find out who maybe they would be able to help fix it. Thanks