Does anybody else think that 2.1 is more responsive/smoother than Froyo aka 2.2?

Crazy

Reaction score
I went back to 2.1 because I didn't feel the smoothness on 2.2 as I did on 2.1. The browser as well feels smoother on 2.1

Anybody else agree?

brando56894

Reaction score
I highly doubt you'll get anyone to agree, keep trying other Rome and I'm sure you'll never go back to eclair every again!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ArchDiablo

Reaction score
I agree with you, Crazy. Ever since I did the manual update to 2.2 I've been having nothing but problems...reception issues, awful battery life, slower response times and whatnot. I'm just going to root and put a custom ROM on.

tktouch12

Reaction score
um. its not worse, but its not all that much better. on 2.1 i dont get redaws at all with launcherpro like i do on 2.2, but there are things on 2.2 that are snappier. so 2.2 isnt a ton better

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Bluetooth handsfree dialing, Adobe Flash, Wireless tethering...... I'll live with the fact that 2.2 doesn't really run any better than 2.1... :p

erikfig

Reaction score
Nope!!!! I'm running 2.2 BB v0.4 since day one and have no issues at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iPirate

Reaction score
Stock force update and mine is faster, more responsive and battery lastest much longer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
2.2 much smoother and faster but battery life is not as good (not horribly bad, just slightly less)

Smitty258

Reaction score
I'm wishing i could revert back to 2.1 right now! Or maybe just go ahead and root.

2.2 has been running faster for me overall, but the decreased battery life is unacceptable. I used to come home from work with about 40-50% of my battery left, and now I'm lucky to make it through the work day. Many days I come home with less than 20%.

That and I'm getting a terrible audio bug since the update. Most of my notifications make a pop/hissing noise when they go off. That and Youtube audio always devolves into pops and hisses, with none of the actual audio working!

modified

Reaction score
I find 2.1 smoother with launcherpro as well.

Having said that, I cannot live without 2.2 roms and flash player. 2.3 (or 3.0) developers definitely have quite a bit of work to do.

HarshReality

Reaction score
9 out of 10 habitual phone users agree... the mind altering narcotics should be shared :)
2.2 10hours and 60% of the battery left.

And this is the FRG22 using P3 1Ghz

Dragoro

Reaction score
My battery life has gone way up for some reason with 2.2, unless it was a fluke. Yesterday, after having the phone on for over 12 hours, I still had 75% batter left. I didnt use it a whole lot, but still, Ive never had close to that at the end of the day. Im going to compare it to today to see if it was just a fluke or not.