Does anybody else think that 2.1 is more responsive/smoother than Froyo aka 2.2?

dragozoid

Reaction score
I went back to 2.1 because I didn't feel the smoothness on 2.2 as I did on 2.1. The browser as well feels smoother on 2.1

Anybody else agree?
Strongly disagree.

2.2 was faster and more responsive than 2.1 when I had my Droid. The browser also became smoother and faster as well. And that was with a leaked version (BB v04).

Either your Droid is messed up or the manual update version just sucks compared to the other builds.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your Droid is less responsive on 2.2 then 2.1 there is probably an app that is causing an issue. A factory data reset will take care of that. Or maybe at least clean your apps cache. There is a stock cache cleaner in the Market.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it is or not, there just isn't as much a difference to tell. But I will tell you this, those stock phones at the Verizon store seem a helluva lot snappier than mine.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Stock 2.2 that was running on my Droid was better and smoother than most Roms (2.1 or 2.2 roms) I tried.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
Mine is not smooth at all. Slow, slow to respond. I pefer 2.1 too. I ma running 2.2 frg10b should I go to frg22??? Where is the stock cache cleaner. I can't find it without being rooted-per market

doctordoctor

Reaction score
really. My battery drains much quicker now and the perk of moving apps to your sd card is minimal because most apps are still stuck on my internal memory. It is just a HUGE let down I guess. so much for 2-5x the performance as reported...

iPirate

Reaction score
really. My battery drains much quicker now and the perk of moving apps to your sd card is minimal because most apps are still stuck on my internal memory. It is just a HUGE let down I guess. so much for 2-5x the performance as reported...

Ever think it might be an app you are using?

If you care to get to the bottom of this post apps you are using and ask others to do the same. I bet there is a common app between everyone seeing performance loss.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
the apps that I have are... abduction, adobe reader, air control, air horn, air attack, ak notepad, ak 47, aldiko, android light saber, and torrent, animal sounds, astrid, astro, backgrounds, beach wallpaper, bebbled, bucket list, compass, cod helper, connect 4, cVolume, dictionary.com, docs to go full version, droid light, dropbox, ebay, epocrates, finger paint, fireworks, flycast, formulas lite, fox, fuel tv, fx camera, gmaote, iheart radio, map my ride, jewels, imusic, light racer, lookout, mabilo (both) sounds, wallpaper too, magic marker, mazeoid, my verizon, nasa papers, pandora, pda net, poke a mole, quick surf check quick uinistall, ringdroid, rock player, shazam, shopsavvy, sling player, sports tap, talk to me, weather channel, world war, zebra paint and zelda... so who is the culprit????

pyro6128

Reaction score
FRG22 is where its at. My phone runs so much better now, I love it

camaropep

Reaction score
After I downloaded 2.2 I had several problems such as excessive battery drain and overall poor performance. Last night I did a factory data reset and the phone has worked awesome today. My battery life has been much better and the phone isn't getting hot anymore. I would recommend that to people before switching back to 2.1.

cb2000a

Reaction score
The browser is much faster with 2.2. I am using the stock launcher and having no issues.

Sal R.

Reaction score
I dont' know about smoother, but I did revert back to 2.1 because of the wifi and battery issues I started to have after switching to 2.2. Same apps.

I will miss chrome to phone and the quicksearch box. Until those isses are resolved, I'll probably stick with 2.1.