couple of questions...

king kong bundy

Reaction score
So ever since I got the 2.2 update my phone seems to be running slower than it did with 2.1. The claims were that it was going to be faster and smoother to open up apps but it seems to be the opposite. There is a delay when I click on the messaging, aim, ATK and other icons. It's really kind of annoying. Maybe its all in my head i dont know but has anyone else noticed this?

Also I have been thinking about resetting my phone. If i do will it come back with 2.1 installed or will it have 2.2? If it has 2.1 how do I get the 2.2 back?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
the only way to get back to 2.1 is if u use rsdlight. u will be able to get back to 2.2. it will ask to update like it did originally

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
check out link 7 in my sig for task killers

and resetting will go to 2.2

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some users are just having a real bad experience with this update, Task Killer or not ---> NOT <---

I have even heard of members bringing there phone to VZW for being unreasonably slow after the update and then being upgraded to a Droid 2 because there was no solution, so if this is a stock device in question weigh your options Verizon is under contract to give you a device that performs to a certain standard, and if mine didn't meet that standard I would be all over it

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some users are just having a real bad experience with this update, Task Killer or not ---> NOT <---

I have even heard of members bringing there phone to VZW for being unreasonably slow after the update and then being upgraded to a Droid 2 because there was no solution, so if this is a stock device in question weigh your options Verizon is under contract to give you a device that performs to a certain standard, and if mine didn't meet that standard I would be all over it

you know i have to chime in about anyone using task killers :)

gdgtgrl

Reaction score
So ever since I got the 2.2 update my phone seems to be running slower than it did with 2.1. The claims were that it was going to be faster and smoother to open up apps but it seems to be the opposite. There is a delay when I click on the messaging, aim, ATK and other icons.

Howdy!

I too have been having problems with my non-rooted 2.2 D1. Slow performance, redraw issues, system sounds "sounding" after the fact, specific contact ringtone will work for one call, but not the next even though the ringtone is still assigned. Once after I powered down, I had to reset all my system settings, but the next time, settings were just as I had them. I've also done a few battery pulls. Haven't downloaded any new apps, and uninstalled ATK awhile back. So, in you's guys's humble opinion, should I get Verizon involved, or just be happy I don't have a Devour??

Thanking you in advance for your help!:)

kcook323

Reaction score
Slow performance, redraw issues, system sounds "sounding" after the fact, specific contact ringtone will work for one call, but not the next even though the ringtone is still assigned.

Mine is slower/laggy too. I'm contemplating rooting, but since I don't really know what I'm doing, I'd rather wait until it is time for me to get a new phone, just in case I need to replace it. lol

Skiracing108

Reaction score
Ever Since 2.2 which bricked my droid. Verizon sent me a replacement phone and it came preloaded with 2.2 and my phone has been super slow compared to 2.1 on my old droid. Whats funny is I had a task killer on my old phone and do not use one on this one. I have the same apps, plenty of space, I clear my cache from all the programs every few days and nothing works. I don't want to root since I don't know too much about it, but short of rooting my phone and overclocking it, what are my solutions?