Messaging App Redirect

Sidewindar

Reaction score
So from time to time when I click on the messaging app icon on my home screen or from within the app launcher it will take me to another program. Sometimes it's the browser or sometimes it's Facebook or phone settings. I can still get to messaging if I go into contacts and click to send a new message or if I receive a message and click on it from the notification bar.

It usually fixes itself or reseting the phone fixes it. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem.

I am unrooted running 2.2, stock messaging app

Thanks!

P.S. I seem to remember this happening on my phone before...I think it was when it was running 2.0.1 and stopped after I upgraded to 2.1.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So from time to time when I click on the messaging app icon on my home screen or from within the app launcher it will take me to another program. Sometimes it's the browser or sometimes it's Facebook or phone settings. I can still get to messaging if I go into contacts and click to send a new message or if I receive a message and click on it from the notification bar.

It usually fixes itself or reseting the phone fixes it. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem.

I am unrooted running 2.2, stock messaging app

Thanks!

P.S. I seem to remember this happening on my phone before...I think it was when it was running 2.0.1 and stopped after I upgraded to 2.1.
Do the programs that pop have access to your messenging app? Similar apps will have same privledges... like handcent will pop up if you install it too.

OP
S

Sidewindar

Reaction score
Nope, I don't have any other messaging apps installed. I don't think Facebook or the Browser have access to messaging. They are both the stock apps.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don't have any other messaging apps installed. I don't think Facebook or the Browser have access to messaging. They are both the stock apps.
You say "sometimes", Maybe you downloaded a different browser so when you click on the browser the option pops up to choose the broswer or the other one.... Maybe the facebook app has something to do with another app you click on. Its either an app has permission to access a feature or it doesnt. The broswer cant ask for access to the messenging app, Maybe you have a link in the message? It would help if a video were uploaded, i think maybe im misunderstanding this problem...

OP
S

Sidewindar

Reaction score
You say "sometimes", Maybe you downloaded a different browser so when you click on the browser the option pops up to choose the broswer or the other one.... Maybe the facebook app has something to do with another app you click on. Its either an app has permission to access a feature or it doesnt. The broswer cant ask for access to the messenging app, Maybe you have a link in the message? It would help if a video were uploaded, i think maybe im misunderstanding this problem...

Yeah I think you are. Its not something very serious. All that happens is when I click on the messaging app it takes me to another app. As in I am not even in a message or in the thread list. I am still on the home screen. Its like the Door says Mens Room but that door actually takes you to the Supply Closet.

droid_did

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. I first thought it was Launcher Pro, but after switching to ADW launcher, it still happens...

If someone knows how to fix this, please shed some insight.

Thanks

okeeffm

Reaction score
I have the same issue. When pressing on the messaging icon, it seems to open the last app I had open whether it be facebook, the browser, kayak, etc. It is rather frustrating.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Seen it. Goes away with a shut down. Its sorta like the memory hangs up. Sometimes I hit stock messenger and theres my camera, or want contacts and hit the icon and hello gallery. ....its odd, its occassional, and sometimes the home button or back button clears it too.