Documents to Go/Astro File Manager

psujames41

Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I just downloaded "documents to go" from the marketplace (for $10, sweet) so I can view, edit, and create microsoft office and pdf documents. My question is: If I get a document in my email and save it, where is it stored? My SD card? If thats the case, do I need an app like astro file manager to view it?

To this end, what is astro like? User friendly? Would you recommend it?

Thank you!!

-James

M

Matth3w

I use Astro, it works perfect. As for your other question, it defaults to save on some random temp folder, but if you click on the link you can specify where you want the attachment stored. Then you can open it by opening up Documents to Go or whatever you want. If you use Astro it's just like Windows Explorer ... the file will be associated to D2G.

OP
psujames41

psujames41

Reaction score
Great. Thank you. I read somewhere that astro kills apps, or gives you the option to kill apps. Is this correct? I DO NOT want to kill apps such as what advanced task killer does. Is there a way I can get around this in astro? I just want the android system to do its own thing.

M

Matth3w

You don't have to do anything. It doesn't do it automatically. Just download it and see.

mooncat1337

Reaction score
Is there a free version of Docs to Go...or at least a compatible alternative to view .doc files?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a free version of Docs to Go...or at least a compatible alternative to view .doc files?

Yes, there is a free version, but it won't do pdfs. Along those lines, I have Repligo, Beamreader and Documents 2 Go. I have the pdf of the Droid manual on the sd card. All programs wanted to go to the sd card first.

mooncat1337

Reaction score
Thanks! I wish that the droid just had the app to begin with. on blackberrys it comes preinstalled. none of this wonky crappy app problem and forced to pay to use.