Need noob help on documents - Xoom

Chazumi

Reaction score
Just got my first ever tablet two days ago (yay!) Just had a few questions:

I have dropbox and understand the concept, I have multiple PDF documents in there that I can access with or without internet connection, but I am trying to move them to the home screen and put them in specific folders. Can I/how do I do this? I can access them using dropbox or a file manager but I'm not sure how to move them.

Also regarding calengoo, does anyone know of a way to put a link to a document when you input an event?

I'm also looking for a way to save PDF files with editable fields. I'm in the army and they have gone to lotus forms instead of pure edge, any tips on how to store blank forms without connecting to the ako website?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

jcolt

Reaction score
Just got my first ever tablet two days ago (yay!) Just had a few questions:

I have dropbox and understand the concept, I have multiple PDF documents in there that I can access with or without internet connection, but I am trying to move them to the home screen and put them in specific folders. Can I/how do I do this? I can access them using dropbox or a file manager but I'm not sure how to move them.

Also regarding calengoo, does anyone know of a way to put a link to a document when you input an event?

I'm also looking for a way to save PDF files with editable fields. I'm in the army and they have gone to lotus forms instead of pure edge, any tips on how to store blank forms without connecting to the ako website?

Thanks in advance for your help!

As to your first question, i do not believe there is a way to store a document directly on a home screen or a folder on a home screen (amazing). However, download an App called File Jump and this will allow you to put PDF and other files on the homescreen or in folders.

As to your other questions, I do not have an answer.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I can answer about the folders but not the other stuffz! ;) So to begin with, to put a folder/file on the home screen, you need to longpress-shortcut-filemanager-file! That should do it. Should be the same in HC as other versions of Android!
If you don't have a file manager, I suggest Astro.
About organizing, do you mean just organizing within your file manager or on your home screen?

Edit: Looks like jcolt posted when I was writing! ;) sorry for the duplicate post!

Last edited:
OP
C

Chazumi

Reaction score
I would like to organize the documents in folders, and have the folders on the home screen