Dock question

mrplow2k69

Reaction score
I bought a few of the docks and they are working out great. One question tho: When i answer a text or whatnot while its in the dock, how do I get back to the dock view after pressing the circle with the X in it and unlocking the phone to answer the text?? If i press the sleep button, it goes to sleep but when i wake it up, it goes to the normal unlock screen, not the dock screen.

Thanks!

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
Or you can pull down the notification tab and select "Connect to docking station." :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Raven65

Reaction score
Those two things SHOULD work (on the "Multimedia" dock) - and USED TO work prior to the Gingerbread update, but DON'T work anymore ever since a bug was introduced with the Gingerbread update. I also get random reboots when placing my phone on the MM dock now - where I didn't before. Hopefully Moto is working on a fix, but in the meantime, the only way to get the dock mode back after using an app while on the dock is to take the phone off of the dock and then put it back on - which is ridiculous. Apparently Moto's testing of the GB update was less than "rigorous".

Here's a discussion about it on the Motorola Owners' Forum:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/55312?tstart=30

blockheadnc

Reaction score
I have a question. I just updated the system on my Droid 2 and noticed that there is a dock at the bottom to the screen. The 4 apps that are on the dock are locked in place and I was wondering how can change what apps are locked on the dock. An example is the text messaging app that came with the phone is locked in the dock but that is not the app that I used for text messages.

Aversion

Reaction score
I am wondering if its possible to lock the dock on the main screen ..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Jonas

Reaction score
Could you elaborate on your question a little? Do you want to lock which apps can be put on there, so they cannot be moved or deleted from the dock, do you want to stop it from scrolling (an aftermarket Launcher app), do you want it to be invisible, or do you want it to be seen but not functional? I'm not really following your question enough to answer it.

Aversion

Reaction score
Theres 3 apps on the main screen then the app launch icon .. i want to lock those apps from changing

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums