Do you use the 2.2 Launcher or do you use an Alternative Launcher?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Launcher Pro is the only way to go in my opinion. Especially with the latest update! It now allows you to adjust the speed of screen scrolling! Lots of user options.

Launcher Pro will be very difficult to beat!

adw scrollable widgets are pretty nice and options to adjust screen size to anything from 3x3 to 8x8

Launcher Pro now has scrollable widgets in the latest update along with other user tweaks.

This is the reason why I say I use ADWLauncherPro...lol

Its getting very hard to choose between the 2, they becoming sooo similar to each other. They might as well join forces and create one launcher.

TekHawk

Reaction score
Launcher Pro is the only way to go in my opinion. Especially with the latest update! It now allows you to adjust the speed of screen scrolling! Lots of user options.

Launcher Pro will be very difficult to beat!

adw scrollable widgets are pretty nice and options to adjust screen size to anything from 3x3 to 8x8

Launcher Pro now has scrollable widgets in the latest update along with other user tweaks.

This is the reason why I say I use ADWLauncherPro...lol

Its getting very hard to choose between the 2, they becoming sooo similar to each other. They might as well join forces and create one launcher.

LP is not opensource ADW is thats why it wont happen lol

KidCuda

Reaction score
Helix. I like the app drawer better than the other pop-out displays. It gives me the number of screens I need, customizable anchor apps on the drawer, and I've used MM to make it clearer and change the drawer handle.
Once I switched to 2.2 I don't see Helix in the market anymore. Did it get removed?

Search the forums for the 2.2 market fix, then it will most likely show up.

warrior21

Reaction score
Helix. I like the app drawer better than the other pop-out displays. It gives me the number of screens I need, customizable anchor apps on the drawer, and I've used MM to make it clearer and change the drawer handle.
Once I switched to 2.2 I don't see Helix in the market anymore. Did it get removed?

Search the forums for the 2.2 market fix, then it will most likely show up.
The Rom I'm running is supposed to have the market fix in it. I'll find and install the fix manually and see if it helps.

MrKleen

Reaction score
It now allows you to adjust the speed of screen scrolling!

Screen scrolling is for amateurs...I don't have time for swiping!

LOL, Yes I am looking forward to a launcher that can read my mind. Till then LauncherPro can't be beat! And the fact that I have the choice to not have to swipe with it is also nice as you mentioned.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ADW or LP, I prefer LP.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL, Yes I am looking forward to a launcher that can read my mind. Till then LauncherPro can't be beat! And the fact that I have the choice to not have to swipe with it is also nice as you mentioned.

Maybe I should look into it then. I like the menu/push button function of my Sweeterhome, but man their editor UI is a pain!

Played with LauncherPro briefly but did not see large, easy to use buttons could jump you to another screen. Guess I should give it a more in-depth look.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not running a 2.2 ROM but when I do I will run ADW

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Maybe I should look into it then. I like the menu/push button function of my Sweeterhome, but man their editor UI is a pain!

Played with LauncherPro briefly but did not see large, easy to use buttons could jump you to another screen. Guess I should give it a more in-depth look.

I'm assuming u mean the screen previews: Launcher Pro and ADW have the preview screens, stock launcher on 2.2 does too. For LP and ADW, they have to be set as default to see it. Set as default, then preess the Home key.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming u mean the screen previews: Launcher Pro and ADW have the preview screens, stock launcher on 2.2 does too. For LP and ADW, they have to be set as default to see it. Set as default, then preess the Home key.

Oh, ok, thanks. Was looking for an actual button like the apps drawer that would take you to another screen. Preview and then select screen are extra steps I don't care for. But I'll play around some.

xliderider

Reaction score
Using BB 0.2 and Launcher Pro Beta.

The screen refreshes to home screen, especially when the Droid is in landscape orientation seem to be smoother with LPB than ADW.