Do you use physical keyboard?

bassrunner67

Reaction score
do you use your physical keyboard? i only use the virtual keyboard 99% of the time. i got a body glove case and was worried bc the case makes it hard to use the top row of physical keys but quickly realized i wouldnt be using it anyways.

omnibus

Reaction score
Coming from iphone, I tried the physical keyboard but have primarily used the virtual one. funny thing is the virtual one looks so tiny in portrait mode but I haven't missed a letter yet.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried to use the physical keyboard, i really did. Coming from the LG Voyager, i'm really used to the physical keyboards, but this phone is in no comparison. So i stick with the virtual one now. :)

mchoffa

Reaction score
So far I only use the physical keyboard when using the browser, so that I can type without taking up half my screen

vanwas

Reaction score
Virtual keyboard here as well.

The physical keybaord has come in handy, though. My wife has always had trouble using virtual keyboards (as on my storm and iPod) and has no problem whatsoever now using my phone thanks to that physical keyboard :icon_ banana:

josh

Reaction score
I use the virtual keyboard more than the physical one, which is a total surprise to me as I've been very anti-virtual keyboards. I think it says more about how mediocre-to-bad the Droid hardware keyboard is than how good the virtual keyboard is. I can type faster on my BB Pearl w/ SureType than I can on the Droid physical keyboard.

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
I use both, but prefer the physical keyboard. I understand about the body glove case, but still like the feel of a real keyboard. I make too many errors with the virtual keyboard and it slows me down considerably.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
What I found is when I have the Body Glove case on I have a much more difficult time typing on the physical keyboard, and I think maybe its due to the added bulk of the device. Plus like the OP said, it makes that top row difficult.

I have been practicing with the keyboard a lot and am getting better. Though I can bang out emails faster on the landscape virtual one better.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the physical keyboard all the time, I love it. I know most hate it or at least dislike it to a point but I love it and I keep getting faster at it. I like the onscreen ones also for if I'm being lazy or quick or one handed portrait, but when I can, I slide out that bad boy. I've also grown used to the little dpad.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I use the physical keyboard all the time, I love it. I know most hate it or at least dislike it to a point but I love it and I keep getting faster at it. I like the onscreen ones also for if I'm being lazy or quick or one handed portrait, but when I can, I slide out that bad boy. I've also grown used to the little dpad.
+ 1

I actually prefer it over the virtual keyboard....

rlb

Reaction score
Virtual 100% here. I tried physical but I'm too slow (maybe I haven't given myself enough time to get used to it?)

I also attribute it to the fact that my eyes are seeing the keys & the output at the same time when using the virtual, so I can see my output as I'm typing w/ minimal effort. When using the physical, I have to keep moving my eyes between the physical keys and the screen to make sure I'm typing correctly and this slows me down considerably.

BzB

Reaction score
virtual most of the time, mainly since i'm used to a 'virtual' keyboard from using the storm. pretty good with that now. physical when i need to have the full screen viewable like in web pages, or when i need to use the d pad for navigating.

it's great to have the option!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use both, but probably use the physical keyboard more often. I just don't like wasting all that beautiful screen real estate with the virtual keyboard.

JackT

Reaction score
I use both. I use the virtual for quick messages or quick typing activities (URLs, etc), but I use the physical for longer messages. I am not a huge fan of the dpad on the right side since I do have to reach over that for typing, but I am getting used to it. I know the keyboard has somethings that could be better, but I appreciate the trade offs that were made to keep the phone thin.