Do You Play Games on Your Smartwatch?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If so, which ones and were they paid or free?
I haven't paid for any yet but the freebies I've liked are
Gear Brain Games, a simple basic one where There are 2 games in 1 app. 1 you see a red or blue number and drag it to the left (red) or right (blue) as quickly as possible or 2 a number pops up and another behind it and you tap the up or down arrow as quickly as possible is the new number higher our lower than the last.
f74a3a994ba0e5ae3b0caa4d6d08cffa.jpg

a5fb0c9c4689e250463ad2ba628fadc3.jpg

d81cecfee7addff58d3767a62a461f61.jpg

da6283a76f69d9e33a2ded22d6d9ddcf.jpg

Flying Bird, you tap the flying bird to keep it flying and from running into objects.
ac277b58f858802d804428b3cd1d175d.jpg

5 Letters is another where a bunch of letters show up on the screen and the goal is spell the 5 letter word that all letters will connect somehow
d40f7377b025ce095212e5f81199b3c6.jpg

3792a222930619fe0827e0e86a4e8126.jpg

6af8dfa8aecc9d8aa0c1244e18934575.jpg

Trick Shot Advanced is a billiards game with time trial, practice, vs another player on your watch, or over Wi-Fi with their own watch. Flick the cue ball or press hold the screen for a second to line up and shoot, hold for 3 seconds to enable curve shots.
6117566c465ad338545ecae9c547caab.jpg

43463ce2bd4f3a396c7d9ac2d3b4c634.jpg

I also have one called Kids Math for my 7 year old. It has the 4 basic maths in 4 possible levels from pre K to ones I struggle with even at my age without a calculator.
cd994b41cd93c4abad1e16a73024c755.jpg

1a90214b4a76ce36b91e2f38ceb507d2.jpg

c5a56a33a235d7ab34341cf7fe6bd097.jpg

I've tried others that either didn't work so great with large fingers on a small screen or just didn't work so well. Tic Tac Toe worked well but was too easy to get a Cat every game against the computer, even for Madelyn.
Anyway, just want to pass along a few freebies and ask what others are using/enjoying
Thanks

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I tried one once just to try it. Not interested in wrist gaming...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had a bubble shooter game and a flappy bird clone when I first got the watch. Meh...

I held on to the bubble shooter for a while, because it was a neat novelty trick to show people when showing off the watch, but I've uninstalled all of them. If I find myself in a place where it's socially acceptable for me to be playing a game on my watch, then chances are good that it's ok for me to pull out my phone and play a game on my Note 4 screen instead.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I imagine gaming on a watch would destroy its already fragile battery life?

S5 tap'n
I guess it depends on the game and watch but the ones I mentioned aren't bad
I had a bubble shooter game and a flappy bird clone when I first got the watch. Meh...

I held on to the bubble shooter for a while, because it was a neat novelty trick to show people when showing off the watch, but I've uninstalled all of them. If I find myself in a place where it's socially acceptable for me to be playing a game on my watch, then chances are good that it's ok for me to pull out my phone and play a game on my Note 4 screen instead.
I leave my phone at home quite often now.
Once it becomes possible to tether to my tablet I'm going to seriously consider getting rid of my phone. Only thing I use it for now is a bigger screen than the watch needs and heavy lifting tasks . I could use Opera and surf this forum on the watch if I didn't have TT.
Just wondering what direction users are going beyond phone butler as the device is moving from niche status to more main stream now that others are joining in the Wear War.
Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Last edited:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Wwhhaaatt??? I left my phone at home one time....damn near had a panic attack. Yeah I know I have attachment issues...

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wwhhaaatt??? I left my phone at home one time....damn near had a panic attack. Yeah I know I have attachment issues...

Me too the first couple of times. I still have to stop myself and ask every now and then where it is. Sort of like my keys at home now when I get ready to leave. If they're not where I remember leaving them I freak out a bit , even if they're in my pocket.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Me too the first couple of times. I still have to stop myself and ask every now and then where it is. Sort of like my keys at home now when I get ready to leave.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Exactly!...my phone and keys are almost always together.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly!...my phone and keys are almost always together.

My keys are never with my phone. That'd be too much like organized for me. They're usually on opposite ends of the house from each other and me somewhere in the middle.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea but the watch won't let me forget now. I'm so reliant on find my phone. I used it this morning....phone was right in front of me. Lol

TapaTurbo

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My phone is always with me. I've said it a million times in other threads, but I grab it even if I'm walking into the other room to grab something and come right back. A big part of that is that I want credit for my steps in S Health.

I might consider leaving the phone at times if my phone had it's own connection/number like the Gear. I've actually been toying with thinking about maybe going to check one out. I know it will work with other phones if I make the jump from Sammy when my next upgrade comes, but I'm just not sure I want to spend that money on a non-android wear device rather than wait and see what's announced coming up. Would be nice on occasion to use the watch for a speaker phone, or have Google Now speak to me through the watch. GN doesn't do anything on the Gear, does it...?

Idk. I've got a little bit of disposable income that I should really be saving to put with any money we get for our wedding, because I have a brilliant idea to buy a plow truck out right, use it as my daily driver, give the Mrs. my car that'll soon be paid off, and sell hers for what we owe on it. Life without car payments is a life I could live without issue.

But, I really do love new toys. Just not sure this is the new toy for me, like I said. Maybe I should get a Gear VR instead...

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My phone is always with me. I've said it a million times in other threads, but I grab it even if I'm walking into the other room to grab something and come right back. A big part of that is that I want credit for my steps in S Health.

I might consider leaving the phone at times if my phone had it's own connection/number like the Gear. I've actually been toying with thinking about maybe going to check one out. I know it will work with other phones if I make the jump from Sammy when my next upgrade comes, but I'm just not sure I want to spend that money on a non-android wear device rather than wait and see what's announced coming up. Would be nice on occasion to use the watch for a speaker phone, or have Google Now speak to me through the watch. GN doesn't do anything on the Gear, does it...?

Idk. I've got a little bit of disposable income that I should really be saving to put with any money we get for our wedding, because I have a brilliant idea to buy a plow truck out right, use it as my daily driver, give the Mrs. my car that'll soon be paid off, and sell hers for what we owe on it. Life without car payments is a life I could live without issue.

But, I really do love new toys. Just not sure this is the new toy for me, like I said. Maybe I should get a Gear VR instead...

Pay off the car, invest the car payment, use interest/dividends on investment to pay for a new watch AND VR.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Gramesmith

Reaction score
I tried one once just to try it. Not interested in wrist gaming...
I agree with you. I also tried to play but couldn't find it interesting. I don't think it is a good idea to play games on 1.5 or 1.8 inch screen.

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
I found one could play Pokemon online.:cool:D6