Do We Really Need A Screen Protector?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using a screen protector, paid full retail - gotta protect that investment :)

mykl376

Reaction score
I haven't put one on my Bionic yet. I like the feel of the screen without a protector. I do use a Diztronic extended battery case though, so not totally naked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sabo

Reaction score
I always run Naked..never a scratch on the Phones or a Burn on my Butt.dancedroiddancedroid

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
:D LOL... funny stuff guys.

yeah, there is something to enjoy about having a naked phone.

MrBewst

Reaction score
:D LOL... funny stuff guys.yeah, there is something to enjoy about having a naked phone.
+1Like the quality of the screen? The feel? I have yet to see a screen protector that I cannot see or feel. Are there REALLY transparent protectors out there? I ripped the protectors off my X2 because I realized how much the quality of even that screen suffered. Also, the glass feels better than plastic (ie. like not wearing a condom? lawl). For now, I refuse to rock a screen condom while I'll rock a case and make an effort to be careful. I realize they aren't bullet proof but so far so good.OP: It is up to you whether you can afford mentally or monetarily to afford a scratch. While these screens are better than ever and while Gorilla glass is a brand name of fortified glass, you could still get a scratch if the abrasive is harder than the glass.

OP
cebosound

cebosound

Reaction score
+1Like the quality of the screen? The feel? I have yet to see a screen protector that I cannot see or feel. Are there REALLY transparent protectors out there? I ripped the protectors off my X2 because I realized how much the quality of even that screen suffered. Also, the glass feels better than plastic (ie. like not wearing a condom? lawl). For now, I refuse to rock a screen condom while I'll rock a case and make an effort to be careful. I realize they aren't bullet proof but so far so good.OP: It is up to you whether you can afford mentally or monetarily to afford a scratch. While these screens are better than ever and while Gorilla glass is a brand name of fortified glass, you could still get a scratch if the abrasive is harder than the glass.
Good input MrBewst! ........ and still no android condoms for my phone yet either. LOL!:biggrin:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I use a screen protector to reduce fingerprints. It worked and I'm happy that it provides more protection without ruining screen quality and use. In case you're wondering I use the SGP Ultra Oleophobic.

Crazycatlady

Reaction score
I hate screen protectors! Either I'm a perfectionist or I seriously suck at putting them on, but I've never had one I couldn't see or feel. I paid for a great screen and I want to enjoy it in all it's glory! While I do use a case to help prevent scratches, and try to be careful, if a scratch happens? 1-800- ASURION!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate screen protectors! Either I'm a perfectionist or I seriously suck at putting them on, but I've never had one I couldn't see or feel. I paid for a great screen and I want to enjoy it in all it's glory! While I do use a case to help prevent scratches, and try to be careful, if a scratch happens? 1-800- ASURION!!!

Totally agree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!

(And give them a hundred bucks.) ........ Or I could just buy a screen protector for about $10.

Crazycatlady

Reaction score
(And give them a hundred bucks.) ........ Or I could just buy a screen protector for about $10.

If they didn't suck, I'd be game! Like I said, it could be me that sucks, but I've never gotten a scratch, even without one. Only had to replace my phone once, when my cat decided he'd prefer it in the toilet! :rolleyes: