Do I need to return my bionic?

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
Seems like people got confused on my last post so ill be clear.I HAVE A BIONIC ALREADY, REPEAT I HAVE A BIONIC ALREADY. My battery life seems to be on par with some peoples bionic with max 16 hours with anywhere from low usage to heavy video streams and games and as low as under 8. I have read people claiming 24 hours and beyond with moderate to heavy usage even on the stock battery with 4g on. Are they simply lying or is my bionic defective and I need a new one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those with the longer battery times; are they rooted? They may have removed some bloatware.

The longest I've gotten so far is 10-11 hours (I have the extended battery) with moderate use. It gets used up more if I'm at my house as we live in a valley and the signal goes from 4G to 1X from room to room. As I mentioned on your other post, a weak signal can sap the battery.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
No your ok, just turn off stuff your not using, wifi, blue tooth etc.. also, letting your battery completely drain and then recharge a couple times will help you get longer battery life.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends what ppl consider moderate and heavy usage.... I've seen ppl say they get 16-24 hrs usage but then say screen on time was an hour or two.... I consider that no usage.... with my usage of 3-4 hrs screen on time with 4g always on... I get over 8+ hours on the extended battery and that's all I need... regular battery would probably last me around 5hrs

Scribble

Reaction score
I think people who claims to get this that and the other battery life should post pics of their battery usage screen.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think people who claims to get this that and the other battery life should post pics of their battery usage screen.

I get 85 hours straight over two days with slightly light to heavy idle usage on 4G/wifi/3G the whole time. It's awesome.

Forgot to take a screenshot before I plugged it in and rebooted... sorry.

:tongue:

Jaycea22

Reaction score
The most I ever received on my extended was 40+ hours w usage. Whenever I play words w friends or stream Netflix, Pandora etc ill get about 15-20 hours.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
2k3r4h.png

socalsurfer

Reaction score
You need a new watch

85 hrs straight over two days?? No wonder I'm behind at work- my day only lasts 24 hrs.

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I get about a day and a half with moderate usage, with the extended battery. Just charged it and i dont know how to take a screen shot.