Cell standby and idle +35% batt normal?

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
Been getting battery life that's not as great as some claim to get, (24 hours plus) with moderate to heavy usage. If even what I consider light usage, which would be some browsing, streaming video if anything but screens off most of day I get only max 16 hours on extended battery. Noticed that my cell standby and phone idle are both 30 to 40 percent all the time regardless of usage while my brother's og droid is less than 10%. Should I return it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
PS also tried task killers, juice defender, max battery saver all would give upwards of 1-2 hours if at all.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It depends on where you are. In my house Cell Standby Time Without Signal can be 80% which means my battery is getting drained very fast. At my office today it's 5% and I've lost only 25% in 7 hours.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Cell Standby and Idle are not apps that are draining your battery. Those 2 items are showing that you weren't using your phone for X% of the battery usage. Your phone was just sitting there "on" and waiting for a call/text/or you to do something with it while your battery was draining (because it's turned on). If you charged your battery to 100%, turned the screen off and didn't mess with the phone until the battery was down to 5%, it would show that Standby/Idle would be 95%. If you charged to 100% and then continually played with your phone until 5%, your Standby/Idle would be about 0%.

OP
D

DooDooBerry

Reaction score
Well I get decent signal mostly 2/4 bars but regardless of usage of my phone be heavy streaming to gaming cell standby and phone idle are always taking combined 50%-60% battery life

Gatorjaw

Reaction score
Just got mine 2 weeks ago and the battery life is terrible. So much so that i wouldn't get this phone again. I would try something else x, x2, etc. There's no way they can be this bad. Last about half a day doing almost nothing. Not happy at all.