Do i have " a bad touchscreen" does not work in flat surfaces

chad_petree

Reaction score
Ive noticed my milestone doesnt respond well when its " grounded" , when its on a surface like a table, my bed and i to tap the touchscreen it starts doing random things like selecting the wrong icons, opening the wrongs apps etc, cant unlock the device ....it doesnt respond correctly , i know the droid incredible was suffering from this issues , i kinda recall my milestone wasnt this way, can someone comment on this?

cpjr

Reaction score
If it was a hardware issue it would do it all the time.

The phone doesnt "ground" out on your bed, 1. because your bed doesnt conduct electricity and 2. Neither does the plastic housing on the phone.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
If it was a hardware issue it would do it all the time.

The phone doesnt "ground" out on your bed, 1. because your bed doesnt conduct electricity and 2. Neither does the plastic housing on the phone.
what i mean by "ground" is putting the phone on a flat surface, it only works in my hand is what im trying to say =( , can u try doing this yourself?

cpjr

Reaction score
Mine works fine. What I find though is that it is harder to precisely hit the buttons your trying to hit, when its flat.

So I think its just more user error when its flat, cause I cant hardly type on it that way.

JCo352

Reaction score
My phone has done this before, but it's not an ongoing occurrence.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
this is weird, now my phone is behaving like normal, it works on flat surfaces wtf , after days with this problem, now its gone? =/

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The HTC Evo was having this problem and a software update solved the issue. I haven't really heard too many complaints about the Droid doing this, so if it keeps up, I would give Motorola a call.

Lesiroth

Reaction score
This happened to me the other day. I really freaked out..
until I pulled out the USB cable from my phone and it stopped acting wierd.

Try the touchscreen with and without your USB cable plugged.