Divx codec from motoroi anyone?

raydm

Reaction score
Hi there. is it possible to get divx codecs or files or whatever is responseable for divx playback on motoroi to ported over droid. they both are running the same spec isn't?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an app in the market that already does this, although I've never tried it. It's called either yx flash or xy flash.

D

dvdcatalyst

There is an app in the market that already does this, although I've never tried it. It's called either yx flash or xy flash.

And there is another app as well, which was mentioned in a different thread:

This was posted in a different thread.

I use the wuzhenhua player....it plays divx and avi.

Interesting.

Since you did not post a link to added info, I googled for it, and found the following

Wuzhenhua Player

The Wuzhenhua Player is rough around the edges. It doesn’t handle playback in landscape mode very well. And the program dialogs are all in Chinese. But it makes up for all of that with its support for a wide range of audio and video formats including:
4xm, 8bps, aac, ac3, eac3, amv, ape, dca, imc, alas, rm, rmvb, nuv, ptx, tta, wma, wmv, flic, flac, flv, g726, h261, h263, h264, mp1, mp2, mp3, mp4, smc, tmv, dvdsub, dvbsub

Update: There’s now an English language version. Or rather, a partially translated version that should be a little easier for English speakers to use. You can download it here. via xda-developers

But the actual question was in regards of if a possible DIVX codec from a different Android device could be used in some form on the Droid.
The specs of the Motoroi do not mention DIVX as a supported format, but if there was an Android device that actually had DIVX support, and it was running on similar hardware, then yes, its possible

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have tried yxFlash or whatever it's called. It worked really well for me actually, but its only a trial and only plays like 2 minutes of your file. I think the full version was like 10 bucks and I could be wrong, but I didnt think its not on the market, you have to pay them privatly... I dont do that

I think something should come along soon... just nice to have for traveling.