Ditched the iPhone for a Droid.....

SwineFlu

Reaction score
and I am not missing my iPhone one bit! I was originally with Verizon but then switched to ATT last fall for the iPhone 3G. Loved my iPhone but ATT was downright horrible. I do a lot of traveling for work and their coverage is a joke compared to Verizon's. After a year of having a horrible network I couldn't take it anymore and came back. Jumped on the BOGO and also picked up an Eris for the girlfriend. I have to say I love my Droid more than my iPhone and even my girlfriend is loving her Eris more compared to her iPhone. I don't think I would go back to an iPhone even if it ever came to Verizon.

Droid DOES make me happy. :icon_ banana:

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Yes, the Verizon network makes a huge difference. I've been with Verizon for 15 years (long before it was even called Verizon) and I've always enjoyed their superior coverage.

The Droid is not without its flaws, of course, as any 1st-gen device will have. But I've found them to be very minor, and not at all a hindrance when it comes to enjoying what this phone is capable of.

The largest difference you'll probably notice is that you can't browse the web and talk on the phone at the same time (unless you're using WiFi) -- this is not the fault of the Droid, but rather is a "flaw" in the Verizon CDMA network. That's the biggest complaint I've heard from former iPhone users, but it's not been an issue for me at all so far. Supposedly Verizon will be fixing this problem when they roll out their 4G network in a year or two.

Hope you enjoy your Droid! And this site is definitely the place to ask any questions you've got -- fantastic people here who're more than happy to help you out with anything.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome aboard SwineFlu...just don't spread in here : )

Yeah I think the deciding decision between the iPhone and Droid is the network. The iPhone is a great phone but if your into customization and total control of your device the Moto Droid cannot be beat.

Enjoy the forums and more importantly enjoy the Droid....welcome

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah I think the deciding decision between the iPhone and Droid is the network. The iPhone is a great phone but if your into customization and total control of your device the Moto Droid cannot be beat.

couldn't have said it better myself.. ;) welcome to the machine!

OP
S

SwineFlu

Reaction score
Yes, the Verizon network makes a huge difference. I've been with Verizon for 15 years (long before it was even called Verizon) and I've always enjoyed their superior coverage.

The Droid is not without its flaws, of course, as any 1st-gen device will have. But I've found them to be very minor, and not at all a hindrance when it comes to enjoying what this phone is capable of.

The largest difference you'll probably notice is that you can't browse the web and talk on the phone at the same time (unless you're using WiFi) -- this is not the fault of the Droid, but rather is a "flaw" in the Verizon CDMA network. That's the biggest complaint I've heard from former iPhone users, but it's not been an issue for me at all so far. Supposedly Verizon will be fixing this problem when they roll out their 4G network in a year or two.

Hope you enjoy your Droid! And this site is definitely the place to ask any questions you've got -- fantastic people here who're more than happy to help you out with anything.

What little flaws I have found with this phone is very minor compared to some flaws the iPhone had. Not being able to surf the web while I talk doesn't bother me one bit. In the year I had my iPhone I never once felt the need to surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time.

Thanks for the greetings, everybody. :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hahaha lol, Yes we need not SwineFlu spreading!!

Welcome to the forum. While I never have owned an iPhone (I almost switched back when the iPhone was announced but didn't after warnings from relatives and friends about horrible AT&T experiences) I have found that the Droid has cured my iPhone want syndrome. I have my Droid that does what it does, and I have my iPod Touch to satisfy my App Store fix. Two devices yes but I have the best of both worlds. Hopefully Android will come out with more quality games.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and the Droid. Looks like there soon will be as many former IPhone owners as former Blackberry owners.