Disappearing emails

projectorman

Reaction score
I set up my email on my Droid (it's a POP3 account) and it's been acting strangely. My emails will show up in my inbox on my Droid, but soon after they will disappear from the inbox. They don't go into the trash. They just disappear. If I check my mail from my laptop the emails are still in my inbox, but why would they be disappearing from my Droid?

Has anyone had this problem? Is it a settings thing I'm missing? Thanks in advance for your help.

Leckert123

Reaction score
I cannot answer why, but I have the exact same experience as you with the POP email application. There are emails, for instance, that have my travel itineraries/reservations, which I didn't delete. They seem to go away by themselves when the inbox refreshes. It is very frustrating having emails dissappear.

I've installed the K-9 email client (version 1.995). It has more features than the stock one that Google provides, but it still has some of those weird issues. The lack of being able to set up folders to save/store those emails is pretty lame.

mjwassmer

Reaction score
So in your K-9 email client, emails still disappear?

It just doesn't make sense why they'd disappear.

Leckert123

Reaction score
They don't seem to disappear, but I've only had K-9 since last night, and it's a bit early to be sure. K-9 acts a bit odd, and seem to reload the inbox emails every time I open the application.

At least K-9 allows you to BCC and attach a signature, plus some other options.

mjwassmer

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, will try K-9.

It's odd that no one else is complaining about this. Does it not happen to anyone else? If not, what makes our accounts special?

jande

Reaction score
disapearing emails

I am on my second droid.. I have been in the local store and online with tech support many times and no one can help me with the disapearing emails!! I am very frustrated!!!:mad:

mk353

Reaction score
I have had the exact same issue with my POP3 accts. If I refresh or load more messages the same messages will re-appear. But any/all messages seem to randomly disappear. Very disappointing. My exchange account seems to work great, however.

bpjen

Reaction score
Here is my experience with this issue: I have come to the conclusion that the email service on the droid is equivalent to a web-based email client. If it is on your server, it will show up in your inbox on the droid. If it is removed from the server, the droid will not see it. In other words, the email program on the droid only reads what is in your server inbox, it does not download the message to your droid (the way that a blackberry does)
My research has shown that you have a couple options, both of which are not perfect. First is to configure all your email clients (say outlook and droid) to leave the message on the server. This way, no matter which one retrieves the message first, it is there for your other client. This works fine on the outlook side, but it is not perfect on the droid. There are times when I have gotten an email on the droid, deleted it from the droid's inbox, and it shows up again later because it is still on your server.
The other option is to push your email through your gmail account, which again is not a perfect solution either.
hope this helps, and I hope someone comes up with a better solution soon.