My email is set up as a pop3 server. The settings are as follows:

Incoming settings
User Name: ****@triad.rr.com **** = account name
Password: ------
Pop3 server: pop-server.triad.rr.com
Port: 110
Security: None
Delete email from server: Never

The email seems to work intermittantly. I receive an email in my inbox and I can look at it, but it sometimes disappears from the inbox. It is then found in the trash even though I do not remove the email from the inbox. It seems that I do not receive all of the emails on my phone that I receive on my computer. I am able to send emails OK from my phone. Any suggestions? WolfpackRon.

mjs31

Reaction score
My email is set up as a pop3 server. The settings are as follows:

Incoming settings
User Name: ****@triad.rr.com **** = account name
Password: ------
Pop3 server: pop-server.triad.rr.com
Port: 110
Security: None
Delete email from server: Never

The email seems to work intermittantly. I receive an email in my inbox and I can look at it, but it sometimes disappears from the inbox. It is then found in the trash even though I do not remove the email from the inbox. It seems that I do not receive all of the emails on my phone that I receive on my computer. I am able to send emails OK from my phone. Any suggestions? WolfpackRon.
You need to make sure your computers email application (such as Outlook) is set to leave messages on the server. If not, any time you open an email at home first, it will not send it to your phone. It is somewhere in account settings I believe.

Here is a link in case this may be your issue.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011507931033.aspx?pid=CL100626971033

Last edited:
OP
wolfpackron

wolfpackron

Reaction score
I checked the "Leave e-mail messages on your e-mail server box on Outlook." I had 12 messages on the Droid this morning, the same as the computer. I deleted 4 of the messages on the Droid and the rest of the messages disappeared from my inbox on the phone. Not even listed in the trash. Still a problem with missing e-mails from the inbox of the phone. I did not delete any e-mail messages. Thanks for the help. Any more suggestions? WolfpackRon

Silver Member
Reaction score
i see email threads pop up on this site daily. the default email app is garbage. use GMAIL to check your POP3 accounts.

OP
wolfpackron

wolfpackron

Reaction score
640k,
I setup GMAIL to check my pop3 account. Everything seems to be working OK. I can even send e-mail as well, even though I had problems setting that part up. I have not tested it very long though. Will my e-mail not go to the default e-mail app now? I don't want to have double entries. I have been fooliing with this for a couple of weeks. Thanks, Wolfpackron.

Silver Member
Reaction score
640k,
I setup GMAIL to check my pop3 account. Everything seems to be working OK. I can even send e-mail as well, even though I had problems setting that part up. I have not tested it very long though. Will my e-mail not go to the default e-mail app now? I don't want to have double entries. I have been fooliing with this for a couple of weeks. Thanks, Wolfpackron.
as long as you delete all of your account information in the default email app, it should only show in GMAIL.

OP
wolfpackron

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Not sure what is going on now. No new email messages on Outlook email on computer. New messages on default email app, the same as Gmail app on Droid. Same labels for both. If I remove messages from Gmail on the computer, they are removed from the Droid. If I remove messages from the Droid, they are removed from the computer, I think. I will have to think this over. I am used to using Outlook for email and calendar. I also would like to be able to delete messages from the Droid, but not Gmail or Outlook on the computer. I thought I had this figured out, but I am still pondering. WolfpackRon.

PS, One positive for this setup is that I can check emails on the internet under my road runner email address in Gmail without signing into another program.

Last edited:
OP
wolfpackron

wolfpackron

Reaction score
What can I do to continue to use Outlook e-mail on my computer with the above settings? I do not receive any e-mails on my computer's Outlook e-mail any more. WolfpackRon.