Disable Lock Screen ?????

golfgame

Reaction score
After migrating to ICS from GB there are now two lock screens........is there a way to modify that and disable one of them, preferably the second one withe the circular app choice screen? If not that one then the first. I would like to be able to get to the home screen in one movement.

Thanks in advance

:happy3:

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Ok? I still don't understand. I've never had that. What does the first screen do?

OP
G

golfgame

Reaction score
Ok? I still don't understand. I've never had that. What does the first screen do?
The first one unlocks the phone the second displays the screen offering you the phone,camera, etc. I want to get to the home screen in one step

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Is it a password unlock? If so, go into security and try changing the lock screen option to slide

Penny677

Reaction score
If I'm understanding your question, when you see the circle with the key in it just touch it, hold and then slide to the right to unlock the screen. If you just touch it it will take you to the "next" unlock screen. Hold and slide it to the right to unlock in one motion.

Or go to settings-security-screen lock and turn it off completely.

ETA: Quite frankly, I don't understand the purpose of the unlock screen unless you've got a password or pattern. What's the point? If it's for security, does that really stop someone from getting into your phone? So what's the purpose?

Last edited:
OP
G

golfgame

Reaction score
If I'm understanding your question, when you see the circle with the key in it just touch it, hold and then slide to the right to unlock the screen. If you just touch it it will take you to the "next" unlock screen. Hold and slide it to the right to unlock in one motion.

Or go to settings-security-screen lock and turn it off completely.

ETA: Quite frankly, I don't understand the purpose of the unlock screen unless you've got a password or pattern. What's the point? If it's for security, does that really stop someone from getting into your phone? So what's the purpose?

Thanks, I totally agree with you. I went to security and selected "none"
That did away with both entry screens. Now when I turn the phone on it goes directly to the home screen.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Oh! Now I understand! Sorry I had no idea what you meant by two screens. As penny mentioned if you grab the key and drag it to the shortcut you want, it will do it in one step

Penny677

Reaction score
Thanks, I totally agree with you. I went to security and selected "none"
That did away with both entry screens. Now when I turn the phone on it goes directly to the home screen.

I turned mine off too.

I'm glad I was able to help someone...A first for me on here! :biggrin::icon_ banana:

jailmakerjr

Reaction score
I think it is for people with little kids from getting their phone picked up by the kids and played with. Unfortunately most kids can work the phones better than the parents lol.

cableghost

Reaction score
Lock screen also keeps you from pocket dialing and answering the phone without you knowing. When the lock is off, when someone calls, the screen turns on and its unlocked and can easily be answered with one touch
I agree, this is why I would like to find a hack to allow my profiles App (EasyProfiles) access to this function so that I may have it auto disabled when away. This worked on my 2.1 droid, but not my present Razr M with Jelly Bean 4.1.1. My phone is also rooted.