DInc2 Firmware update failing - 2/27/2013

yojay

Reaction score
So, a few months ago my WiFi stopped working. After getting shut down by Verizon support because I had a cracked screen at the time, I decided to root and try another rom. I installed Cyanogen Mod 10 successfully but my Wifi stayed disabled (I get "error" when I turn it on) and my 3G radio stopped connecting. I reinstalled a stock ROM but kept SU priveleges. Got my 3G radio back but still no Wifi and I've just learned to live with it.

Today a firmware update is trying to push itself to my DInc2 and it keeps failing on reboot with the white triangle, yellow exclamation point, green android logo. It starts a small yellow download bar just before halting. I don't see any other recent threads about this firmware update. Am I just way late on the update? What is it? I think the only way I can get my phone to stop trying to install it is to let the battery get too low, so it gives me a warning instead of rebooting. How can I get my device to accept it? I'd rather not factory reset again if I can help it.

Thanks

* EDIT: It seems that I just need to revert back to stock recovery to get the update to work. I'm looking into how to remove ClockworkMod and flash a stock recovery now. Any quick links to a solution out there?

Last edited:
OP
Y

yojay

Reaction score
I'm having an issue finding a copy of the stock recovery. All the links I've found so far are expired or don't seem trustworthy (.zip files that end in .zip.exe) My phone is stuck in a continuous boot loop. The only way to stop it is to let the battery run down. Even if I defer the update until next week, it seems to try again a few hours later.

OP
Y

yojay

Reaction score
No other DInc 2 owners are having tnis problem?