Digital Copy from Itunes help

corey.trautman

Reaction score
I have a few Blurays that offer free digital copies with the movie and I am trying to get them on my new Droid. I am starting with the Dark Knight but have not been successful. I downloaded the movie to Itunes and put in the verification code and then dragged the file from my Itunes to the SD card of my phone. I have tried every player in the Market Place but they keep saying " There was an unknown error with the video" The file name is "The Dark Knight.m4v" My friend hooked up his Ipod did the same thing and had no problems with playback. Am I missing something here?

papy72

Reaction score
I was surfing around looking for an alternative to the iPod Touch when I came across the new generations of Zume devices. One of the comments I saw listed on newegg said that "digital copy" movies are basically restricted by DRM to your itunes/ipod only. You probably can't watch the movies on your Droid without putting the file through some kind of conversion process (assuming such a thing exists).

I found this article online about it.

Digital Copy: A feature that's no feature - Computerworld Blogs

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm just tell a how to remove DRM from protected music video movie story.

Believe or not, the truth talks aloud!
Sure, but with a link with an affiliate ID as your signature, linking to a $36 program that pays YOU about $27 for each sale you generate through it, it makes me think different.

CharlieDog

Reaction score
Prettying sure apple will charge you .25 cents to remove the DRM on it. At least they will with songs

D

dvdcatalyst

Prettying sure apple will charge you .25 cents to remove the DRM on it. At least they will with songs

Unfortunately not for videos. They keep that nicely locked. With music, they had to compete with Amazon, which resulted in the drm removal option.

CharlieDog

Reaction score
Ah. Okay, definitely makes sense. Also, damndrm, dvd-dude is a participating member of the forum. With more than three posts in one thread trying to sell something. I also haven't seen him hawking his wares quite so flagrantly as you seem to be.

D

dvdcatalyst

Ah. Okay, definitely makes sense. Also, damndrm, dvd-dude is a participating member of the forum. With more than three posts in one thread trying to sell something. I also haven't seen him hawking his wares quite so flagrantly as you seem to be.

Thanks Charlie,

As for damndrm, the writing style (typo's) is identical to numerous other posts I have seen on lots of different forums, as well as the Aimersoft website. A nice Google search shows a few, on many others, they were removed fairly quick.

As for me being here, people on these forums posted about my software, so as a result, I decided to register, and assist where I can.

J

JohnDroid

Thread has been cleaned up. We won't stand for spam posts or affiliate posts.

volando

Reaction score
what's wrong with you people? why jump through all these stupid corporate loopholes?? just torrent the movie/music from thepiratebay and encode it (videos) using one of the fine programs mentioned in other threads - bam, you're done!

CharlieDog

Reaction score
Lol, volando. The OP hade already purchased these and rec'd free digittal copies with the orginal purchase. They're drm protected though. That was his problem.

volando

Reaction score
right, and thus even if he feels piracy is wrong he can go and download from torrent as his allowed backup copy, because the one provided to him is crippled. It's fast enough that trying to figure out a way to circumvent it would take way more time than the download :)