Did you know this phone is water resistant?

Sandlotje

Reaction score
Yeah so apparently Motorola teamed up with P2i if I am understanding correctly, which is a company that specializes in coating objects and electronics with a water resistant material. Don't believe me? Well don't try this at home (although I'm sure someone will, and be sure to let us know how it went lol):

I'm guessing these are Verizon sales reps in this first vid judging from the VZW matt behind them...

[video=youtube;mzQUoJ-sIaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQUoJ-sIaY[/video]

[video=youtube;WXufZyN9TFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXufZyN9TFQ[/video]

[video=youtube;gkCJ9rhb0_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkCJ9rhb0_I[/video]

And of course, the best and ultimate submerging test for last. Best vid of them all.

[video=youtube;Wwu872m03BU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwu872m03BU&feature=related[/video]

I'm absolutely stunned at this phone. Is there anything it can't do?? :lol: I'm curious as to how long it can stay operational underwater for... 1 hour? 2 hours? 24 hours?..

Did you all know it is water resistant?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I did not know it could handle submersion. That is pretty impressive.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
According to Motorola it is Water Repellant (not Waterproof):

Your phone is water repellant, and can withstand a 7-inch rainstorm for 10 minutes. So, your phone is protected from life’s little challenges like that sudden rain shower, spilled drink, or splash of water. However, water repellent does NOT mean water resistant or water proof.
If your phone gets wet or dirty:
  • Wipe with a soft cloth and shake to remove excess water from the entire phone, especially the screen, speaker, and microphone ports.​
  • Allow your phone to air-dry for at least 1 hour before using it again.​
Your phone isn't indestructable. We've tested the limits and know that you'll break it if you:
  • Submerge it or leave it in standing water.​
  • Take it in the shower.​
  • Put it under running water.​

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea most of us knew this already. And yea I wouldnt try the under running water or dunking it in a bucket of water test...lol.

But it recovers real quick when walking and using it in the rain. Works good with wet fingers too.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I knew it was water proof and was watching a video of it getting dunked into a cup then called while a Verizon rep tried to tell me it wasn't.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would NEVER try and drop my brand new Razr into a bowl of water, but I am glad if I get caught in the rain I can feel good about the phone not getting destroyed.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I knew it was water proof and was watching a video of it getting dunked into a cup then called while a Verizon rep tried to tell me it wasn't.

It's not waterproof. It's water resistant. Big difference.

Andielyn

Reaction score
Hey no kidding!! I'm replying to this while in the shower and I just gave it a good dunk in my cup of coffee and all seems to be working just fine!

(just joking! do NOT do this! :icon_eek:)

OP
S

Sandlotje

Reaction score
According to Motorola it is Water Repellant (not Waterproof):

Your phone is water repellant, and can withstand a 7-inch rainstorm for 10 minutes.

A 7-inch rainstorm? That seems a bit small... I think the crazy thunderstorms in Texas that produced horrible tornadoes reached a reported 50,000 feet or so last week. How do you think it would stand up to a 50,000-foot (or 600,000-inch) rainstorm?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hey no kidding!! I'm replying to this while in the shower and I just gave it a good dunk in my cup of coffee and all seems to be working just fine!

(just joking! do NOT do this! :icon_eek:)

Did it taste better then a donut? :)

210droid

Reaction score
I took my razr scuba diving and it placed a 10 min call at a depth of 6 meters. It still works fine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
A rumoured source said he/she was an eye witness when James Cameron stepped out of his submersible to take a leak while at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. He/she had to call him on his RAZR to tell him fly was down as he was getting back in his sub.
FYI the Rolex submariner didn't fair as well.

All razr's lose their edge.

SallyC

Reaction score
I took my razr scuba diving and it placed a 10 min call at a depth of 6 meters. It still works fine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

How did you do that? I can see having it in a bag but you still couldn't hear or speak. You have piqued my curiosity. :p