Did I Brick my phone?

Isosceles Raion

Reaction score
So I downloaded Easyroot, rooted my phone, then folowed the steps of Droidreview on youtube. I got all the way to the part of the 1st reboot recovery, it goes through the installation screen, restarts then shows "Droid" and the red eye. It's been this way for 20min, I took out the battery over and over and it still won't go through. Someone please help me fix this because I don't want to buy a Droid2 just to replace my 1st droid. I have too much stuff on there.
IS easyroot bad or anything, I really need help on how to fix this.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SBF link in my sig should help you

battery out and power up holding up on the dpad. if this works (and it should) youll be fine

OP
I

Isosceles Raion

Reaction score
You mean take the battery out then press power and d-pad? Or Take the battery out, put it back in, etc.

[edit] It says Boot loader
2c.7c

Battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mod: USB

What does this mean?

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well yea turn it off by battery pull. put it back in, and when holding power button, also hold up on the dpad.

then use SBF to flash back to stock

OP
I

Isosceles Raion

Reaction score
So I did everything the guide told me, but when it had to reboot again it stayed on the red eye all over. Now it wont turn on and says cannot program because the battery is too low, bur ir's been on the computer all night with the white light on. How has it not charged?!

If it does come back on am I supposed to wipe data/reset it too? will all my contacts, pictures, games, etc go away.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I did everything the guide told me, but when it had to reboot again it stayed on the red eye all over. Now it wont turn on and says cannot program because the battery is too low, bur ir's been on the computer all night with the white light on. How has it not charged?!

If it does come back on am I supposed to wipe data/reset it too? will all my contacts, pictures, games, etc go away.

Use the wall charger, for a few hours. If the battery is low it won't charge well thru usb

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What is your goal to be rooted and running a custom Rom?

Were you on 2.2 before you started? If so how did you get there, OTA or manual install?

OP
I

Isosceles Raion

Reaction score
Through OTA. I want to root my phone to wireless tether my ps3, and the ROMS are cool too. I used easyroot and it told me my phone was rooted. It gave me a list of things to download, but not in order. Busybox is something that didn't want to download. I tried running Cyanogen aswell.

And should I take out the sd card through this entire process? I really don't wanna lose whats on their.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Through OTA. I want to root my phone to wireless tether my ps3, and the ROMS are cool too. I used easyroot and it told me my phone was rooted. It gave me a list of things to download, but not in order. Busybox is something that didn't want to download. I tried running Cyanogen aswell.

Ok well the safest way, at the moment, for you to get what you want is:

Click link 3 in my sig. Do option 1, then 4, then 2
Pay attention to your phone during options 4 and 2, as soon as it starts to reboot itself hold up on the dpad, it should boot back into the bootloader screen and finish up the install and you will get a PASS.

After options 1, 4 and 2 have been completed you should be at stock 2.0.1 with SPRecovery. Now all you have to do is install a custom Rom and you'll be rooted.

Note- This process will wipe your phone, contacts are saved on the google cloud and will resync after signing into you google account, pics are saved on sdcard and will not be touched, and after installing a 2.2 rooted Rom your apps will resync as well.

Note2- If at any point you get prompted to install the 2.2 OTA, DO NOT DO IT.

Good luck.

OP
I

Isosceles Raion

Reaction score
If I cant get in my phone though, how will I apply the custom rom. Is there someway I can download it from the computer, put in on my sd card, then upload it from there. What ROM are you using?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I cant get in my phone though, how will I apply the custom rom. Is there someway I can download it from the computer, put in on my sd card, then upload it from there. What ROM are you using?

If you follow the instructions in the options exactly you will be fine. This process is going to reset your phone. When you're done you won't be using Rom Manager or Easy root. You will be D/L a Rom to PC and moving to sd card to install.

1 last thing you have a pc not a Mac, right?

RSD won't doen't run on Macs well

Just follow the instructions in post# 9, you'll be OK.:)

///Merlin\\\

Reaction score
I agree about the usb charging. For me it seems only enough to keep it alive. It will stay about the same charge for a long time

OP
I

Isosceles Raion

Reaction score
Thanks Tallica! I took it to Verizon to see if they could fix it, and they hard reseted it. None of my apps are there, except the basic stuff-Market, and browser. I think I hacked it because the "ninja" icon is there, ROM manager, and Dev tools.

Luckily Verizon is sending me a brand new droid for free, so I'm taking that chance to hack it first. It will be on 2.2 with all the new software, he said; I have a pc(Windows Vista), now if you don't mind... could you or someone very experienced in this field give me a straight forward guide on how to hack my phone the way I want without this ever happening or anything else. I 'should' already have Easyroot with my gmail, but if that's not the best/safest way to do things should IO just do it manually? I really wanna have a custom ROM on my droid+that wifi tethering to my ps3 thing. Would you PLEASE help me with this, step by step, a video anything.

"DroidReview" on youtube said it takes 5min or so to hack the droid with custom ROMS. If not just... help me. Please! :blackdroid: