Is my phone bricked? Help

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
ok, i found the stock FB app.. But i still cant download any apps. Like i said in my previous post, after i hit "install" , it goes to another screen that is just blank. Also, how do i get rid of the htc_ime keyboard thing that is messing my phone up?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Anyone feel free to correct me, but HTC_IME is the htc keyboard software ported over to droid? Sounds like you still have chunks of previous software still installed on your phone. Doing the factory reset probably only reset things that came stock, and when it got to this software it did nothing, or left parts of it still intact. If you reflash your phone to stock now non rooted now, you should be able to get back functionality. Once you've got full functionality back, you should be able to reroot and start over. These phones are tanks as far as software goes, so since you can get your phone up (assuming theirs no hardware issues) we should be able to get you back on track and running again.

JCo352

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting this, but if it was me I would flash the 2.0.1 sbf with RSD Lite. That would make sure EVERYTHING is totally stock, like having a brand new phone, and root it from there.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
well i finally was able to download astro. So i went into my download folder, and i deleted all of the htc_ime files that i saw in there. I was still getting some force closes, so im going to restart my phone now and see what happens. Im hoping this works because i really dont want to have to go through the whole unrooting and rerooting process. I will let you know shortly what happens.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting this, but if it was me I would flash the 2.0.1 sbf with RSD Lite. That would make sure EVERYTHING is totally stock, like having a brand new phone, and root it from there.

honestly, this is going to be your very best approach, and will insure that issues dont resurface in the future. I mean, if you get everything running and everything then its a moot point; still though, I wouldn't want little chunks of files floating around on my phone... o_O thats just me though. Best of luck and keep us posted

chron12

Reaction score
well i finally was able to download astro. So i went into my download folder, and i deleted all of the htc_ime files that i saw in there. I was still getting some force closes, so im going to restart my phone now and see what happens. Im hoping this works because i really dont want to have to go through the whole unrooting and rerooting process. I will let you know shortly what happens.

To get rid of the force close of the htc keyboard just change your input method. Htc is selected by default so switch to android keyboard. The same thing happened to me!

Kmart95

Reaction score
I had the force close problem with the htc ime keyboard too one time. Just go to settings>language and keyboard and uncheck anything dealing with the htc ime keyboard so that the only thing checked is the android keyboard. That should fix it (at least it did for me).

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score

To get rid of the force close of the htc keyboard just change your input method. Htc is selected by default so switch to android keyboard. The same thing happened to me!
wow, your on point bro. I did that just now, and so far i havent had any fc's

I had the force close problem with the htc ime keyboard too one time. Just go to settings>language and keyboard and uncheck anything dealing with the htc ime keyboard so that the only thing checked is the android keyboard. That should fix it (at least it did for me).
thanks man, so far its working

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
im still having issues with the market. Anybody have any suggestions?

I had this issue once, fortunately for me it went away after a battery pull...but I think it had something to do with the fact that at that point my market app was a version behind, and doing a battery pull made it update. Maybe this will fix your problem? Even though I'm sure you've pulled the battery several times all ready trying to clear up both issues.