Is my phone bricked? Help

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
MAJOR PROBLEM. i was hiking today, and i used my droids gps to get to the location, took some pictures, and put my phone back in my pocket. My phone had like 20 percent battery life left on it when i looked at it last. I then took it out of my pocket and it was just sitting at the "M" , as if i had turned it off and then back on. I put it in the car and connected it to the charger. Well, when i turn it on, it is stuck at the M . It wont go past there. Is my phone bricked, and what can i do to fix it or get it working properly.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
stock or rooted?

Try booting into recovery: Turn off your phone > open the slider > hold the X key while turning on the power.

From there you should return it to either A) a backup or B) factory reset

JCo352

Reaction score
Let it charge for a long time, car chargers don't put out as much juice as an AC charger.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
stock or rooted?

Try booting into recovery: Turn off your phone > open the slider > hold the X key while turning on the power.

im rooted, and i went into recovery, but if i do a factory reset, what exactly will happen? Will all my apps be gone? will i still be rooted? will all my files be deleted?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
stock or rooted?

im rooted, and i went into recovery, but if i do a factory reset, what exactly will happen? Will all my apps be gone? will i still be rooted? will all my files be deleted?
You don't have any nandroid back-ups?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
If you factory reset then you will half to reinstall your apps, unless you backed them up before hand with a program like titanium backup? If you did, then its not a problem, you'll have all your apps backed up to your SD card; if not then you'll have to reinstall and configure all your apps...go to market, hit the menu key, go to downloads they should be listed there.
First and foremost though, if your rooted, then you definitely have backups. Go to manage/restore backups and reinstall the closest dated stable backup that you have. Even if its old, a working phone that you have to reconfigure beats a tricked out phone that wont start.

Rule #1 when dealing with technology of any kind: backup, backup, backup, then backup your backups... lol

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Your battery died. Plug it into wall charger over night should boot up in the morning.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
If you factory reset then you will half to reinstall your apps, unless you backed them up before hand with a program like titanium backup? If you did, then its not a problem, you'll have all your apps backed up to your SD card; if not then you'll have to reinstall and configure all your apps...go to market, hit the menu key, go to downloads they should be listed there.
First and foremost though, if your rooted, then you definitely have backups. Go to manage/restore backups and reinstall the closest dated stable backup that you have. Even if its old, a working phone that you have to reconfigure beats a tricked out phone that wont start.

Rule #1 when dealing with technology of any kind: backup, backup, backup, then backup your backups... lol
I appreciate your help bro, i am going to bed now, to tired to do all that now, i will try it tomorrow. but again, thanks alot
Your battery died. Plug it into wall charger over night should boot up in the morning.

im hoping your right, i have it plugged in to the wall now, but its still stuck on the M

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Its too weak to boot....so it gets stuck at the M. Give it time and you should be fine.

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Its too weak to boot....so it gets stuck at the M. Give it time and you should be fine.

well, i have let it charge all night..........and the same thing is happening. Still getting stuck at the M

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
i tried leaving the battery out for awhile, i tried to do a restore, and it is still stuck at the stupid M . i guess now im going to try to do a factory reset. Im hoping that it wont unroot my phone.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Let us know what happens. :) before doing a factory reset try restoring one of your backups. Sprecovery and nandroid both autoback up before they do their business. Hope you get this message before you jump to a factory reset

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
SO, i did the nandorid restore, and that didnt work, so then my final option was to do a factory reset, and it worked. My phone finally turned on. Well, now i have some more issues. All my apps are gone, and i know that i can get them back by going to the market and selecting the "my downloads" tab.

But i have a promlem with force closes, to the extent that i cant really do alot on my phone. Ever ten seconds or so, it says : "The application HTC_IME mod ( process jonasl.ime) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I dont know what that is or how to fix/avoid it. And whenever i touch the screen on the phone it says that. Pretty annoying. Also, i went to the market to try to get like astro and some of my other apps, and when i try to download an app, i hit install, and then it goes to another page, but its all blank and i have like no other options that you usually get when your downloading an app. So now i cant download any apps at all.

One last thing that i have noticed so far, i thought facebook was like an app that came stock, but its not in my app drawer, and when i searched in the market, i cant find the stock facebook app. So if yall could be of any help to me i would greatly appreciate it. It sucks having my phone where it barely runs.

JCo352

Reaction score
HTC IME is a keyboard, that was ported to the droid. The stock FB app is called Facebook for android, in the market.