Did Froyo Live up To Its Hype? Are You Satisfied?

GryphonD

Reaction score
Hard to say with out a final product to judge......

Agreed; it has made some nice steps forward but in general it is not complete and feels that way. nice improvements, allot of new little bugs... We will see what the final rendition comes out to be like.

miosis

Reaction score
The RC is better than I imagined the Final Froyo would be.

painball64

Reaction score
froyo was amazing and fast as hell before it quite working. i cant get any of the releases to run after successful install. hopefully i can run the official one when it gets released.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
froyo was amazing and fast as hell before it quite working. i cant get any of the releases to run after successful install. hopefully i can run the official one when it gets released.

Wow that sucks.Ive been running Froyo since it was leaked.And its amazing its just not Mind Blowing like some reports i read.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agreed; it has made some nice steps forward but in general it is not complete and feels that way. nice improvements, allot of new little bugs... We will see what the final rendition comes out to be like.

Bugs? What bugs?

I have yet to see a perfect OS. My Macs Snow Leopard is the best I've ever used but its not perfect. If it was I wouldn't have got 3 updates. And if Droid were perfect it wouldn't have got two updates.

I've never used the custom ROMs other then Droidmod so I can't give a comparison but froyo overclocked at 1 ghz simply is the best I've seen on a smart phone. And who knows? Maybe there is another leak waiting?

Its just gonna get better. :)

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score

Bugs? What bugs?

I have yet to see a perfect OS. My Macs Snow Leopard is the best I've ever used but its not perfect. If it was I wouldn't have got 3 updates. And if Droid were perfect it wouldn't have got two updates.

I've never used the custom ROMs other then Droidmod so I can't give a comparison but froyo overclocked at 1 ghz simply is the best I've seen on a smart phone. And who knows? Maybe there is another leak waiting?

Its just gonna get better. :)

I have to agree Froyo was pretty much Bug free.

cj1896

Reaction score
I for one find froyo to be a big meh

as far as ease of use (I posted a rant) i think it is a big let down.

hopefully they change some things before the official release

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score

Why wouldn't Froyo be easy to use its just a Minor update to an Os we are already familiar with.

cj1896

Reaction score

Why wouldn't Froyo be easy to use its just a Minor update to an Os we are already familiar with.

Making it a pain to turn it on silent with no vibrate (I have sleep issues and can't even have it vibrate while I am asleep)...epic fail. Why change something that has worked for like every cell phone since vibrate was added to them years ago?

And merging my exchange account calendar with all of the other calenders. [mod edit for language] I use my phone for work and I need to see my appointments separate from all of my personal reminders. It worked fine how it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score

Making it a pain to turn it on silent with no vibrate (I have sleep issues and can't even have it vibrate while I am asleep)...epic fail. Why change something that has worked for like every cell phone since vibrate was added to them years ago?

And merging my exchange account calendar with all of the other calenders. [mod edit for language] I use my phone for work and I need to see my appointments separate from all of my personal reminders. It worked fine how it was.

That sucks.Im sorry that 2.2 has not been very good to you.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Even though 2.2 is still in the early stages, the sheer speed alone makes it great. The 3G speed is comparable to using wifi. If you are rooted, you must give this a shot.

The automatic update from the market place is a great feature as well. Wifi tehtering is good, but it is something that I had from the custom 2.1 roms.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
Even though 2.2 is still in the early stages, the sheer speed alone makes it great. The 3G speed is comparable to using wifi. If you are rooted, you must give this a shot.

The automatic update from the market place is a great feature as well. Wifi tehtering is good, but it is something that I had from the custom 2.1 roms.

My Browser seems Slower for some reason.And i love you Automatic Update feature.Its very useful.

bmxmike

Reaction score
I'm loving it over 2.1, Its in beta so it's missing things that you could do and have on a 2.1 rom but final build has been released. I'm loving the speed increase, it might not seem like much but haveing a quick, responsive, snappy phone makes it so much more enjoyable. Java is great, I can easily go to a streaming video site, open it up, wait 5 minutes, and watch a movie or tv show with no problems, no downloading and putting it on my sd card. I also like chrome-to-phone, which might not seem like a big deal but save me some time alot when I have to run out or needing to pull a map or something up on my phone. Overall I think it's great have used 3 different versions and finally settle on Bugless 0.1 which im getting 20 linpacks on! More than I could on any 2.1 rom! I think once more things become available like themes and thing for 2.2 and the final build comes out more people will probably find it much more enjoyable.