Did Froyo Live up To Its Hype? Are You Satisfied?

Reaction score
the 2.1 update was way overhyped, this one is actually useful. Flash, push to phone, bluetooth voice dialing, a huge performance increase....

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
the 2.1 update was way overhyped, this one is actually useful. Flash, push to phone, bluetooth voice dialing, a huge performance increase....

Your right.The biggest feature in 2.1 was live wallpapers lol and the new 3d launcher which Droid users didnt even get.

iPirate

Reaction score

Your right.The biggest feature in 2.1 was live wallpapers lol and the new 3d launcher which Droid users didnt even get.

have any other phones gotten the 3d launcher? I think the problem was because the droid is the only phone that will do landscape mode home screen

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score

have any other phones gotten the 3d launcher? I think the problem was because the droid is the only phone that will do landscape mode home screen

No.lol I think it was exclusive to the Nexus One.I think when 2.2 becomes official for the Droid were still not gonna get the 3d launcher.

AzJazz

Reaction score
For me, I'm not seeing any significant performance increase - and definitely seeing a big decrease on the Launcher performance.

That said, this ROM is a huge improvement for me: Bluetooth Voice Dialing is long over-due, and being able to FINALLY sort Contacts by "Last Name first" is great. Chrome to Phone is very cool. Automatic Updates: Also, very cool. I haven't transferred any apps to my SD card, because I don't need to yet.

I didn't really care much about the Flash stuff, but I'm glad it's there.

Overall, 2.1 was a great improvement, and 2.2 is also a great improvement.

As far as "living up to the hype" is concerned: I never have high expectations, and this is living up to (and definitely exceeding) my expectations.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
For me, I'm not seeing any significant performance increase - and definitely seeing a big decrease on the Launcher performance.

That said, this ROM is a huge improvement for me: Bluetooth Voice Dialing is long over-due, and being able to FINALLY sort Contacts by "Last Name first" is great. Chrome to Phone is very cool. Automatic Updates: Also, very cool. I haven't transferred any apps to my SD card, because I don't need to yet.

I didn't really care much about the Flash stuff, but I'm glad it's there.

Overall, 2.1 was a great improvement, and 2.2 is also a great improvement.

As far as "living up to the hype" is concerned: I never have high expectations, and this is living up to (and definitely exceeding) my expectations.

Have you tried an Alternative launcher? Like LauncherPro Beta. Its amazing and very fast and smooth. that should fix those problems.

soba1

Reaction score
I say u have to see the finished product, but so far nice.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
hype is just that hype, dont buy into the hype and you wont be disappointed. The other thing is, is it is a beta. I am very happy with it! The speed alone is, "mindblowing" to think that you can have the same hardware yet almost double performance. The hype is relitive to how high your expectations are.

Lets wait to get a final product until we pass judgement.