Did Froyo Live up To Its Hype? Are You Satisfied?

diverbelow

Reaction score
Froyo in all its works was great but i personally don't think it lived up to the Hype.I think the only AMAZING features are Flash 10.1 Beta and the Boost in Speed.What are your Opinions on 2.2 Froyo?

Do you know that 2.2 is still in beta for the Droid? So there will be issues until it is officially released. This is what we get when we use leak/beta software.

Personally, for me froyo hands down runs smoother, faster and I show off my Droid to everyone. Yes, I have issues, but I am used to beta testing.

J

Johnly

Did someone say an official release of froyo was up for evaluation?????? BB v0.1 has improved my OS a great deal, tho ; )

Verizon is supposedly testing it.
By the time they get done testing, and releasing it, I think we will already have better options, and ROMS, due to the magnificent Dev community we have. (we do now)

I can see how it is easy to question if froyo lives up to its hype, but it is comming in only a few months since droid owners got 2.1, and about 6 months since it was released on the nexus. To me, I would rather have a couple of solid updates a year, than 1 mind-blowing one every year-year and a half. I think Google is doing a fine job sir.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
Froyo in all its works was great but i personally don't think it lived up to the Hype.I think the only AMAZING features are Flash 10.1 Beta and the Boost in Speed.What are your Opinions on 2.2 Froyo?

Do you know that 2.2 is still in beta for the Droid? So there will be issues until it is officially released. This is what we get when we use leak/beta software.

Personally, for me froyo hands down runs smoother, faster and I show off my Droid to everyone. Yes, I have issues, but I am used to beta testing.

YES i understand its in Beta.An it hasnt even been released to the Nexus One.But i want your Opinion based off what we have now and the Feature list of things to come.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
Did someone say an official release of froyo was up for evaluation?????? BB v0.1 has improved my OS a great deal, tho ; )

Verizon is supposedly testing it.
By the time they get done testing, and releasing it, I think we will already have better options, and ROMS, due to the magnificent Dev community we have. (we do now)

I can see how it is easy to question if froyo lives up to its hype, but it is comming in only a few months since droid owners got 2.1, and about 6 months since it was released on the nexus. To me, I would rather have a couple of solid updates a year, than 1 mind-blowing one every year-year and a half. I think Google is doing a fine job sir.

But you also have to look at Fragmentation of the OS.If they release a couple updates a year that will slow down the update of Skinned Android's and they will most likely be behind.I would rather see one BIG update a year.

superkeest

Reaction score
its far better then what we have, so yes its better. and im satisfied, my phone is like 8 times faster. How on earth can you be disappointed?

droidbook

Reaction score
I think it went beyond what I expected. I was skeptical about the speed boost they promised and they delivered and it's only a beta. As far as features, I like everything they gave us, even something as simple as "Update All" in the market. The final product will be amazing!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its far better then what we have, so yes its better. and im satisfied, my phone is like 8 times faster. How on earth can you be disappointed?

Well, it's my experience that no matter how good the improvement is somebody will say they hate it or complain about it. I have to say though I've only seen one post that seemed to be hell bent on saying it was a piece of garbage.

Probably user error. :D

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score

i guess im disappointed because i heard comments like ''Mind Blowing''. An its no where near that IMO.Dont get me wrong its an amazing update and it gave us alot of things we didnt have.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you went from totally stock droid 2.1 to this you would think mind blowing I bet. remember, many of us moved to this from an already tweaked system so the awesomeness is a little subdued.

J

Johnly

i guess im disappointed because i heard comments like ''Mind Blowing''. An its no where near that IMO.Dont get me wrong its an amazing update and it gave us alot of things we didnt have.
I was thinking the same thing : ) :rockon:

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score
if you went from totally stock droid 2.1 to this you would think mind blowing I bet. remember, many of us moved to this from an already tweaked system so the awesomeness is a little subdued.

Absolutely Right. I really hope that Motorola doesnt Take out the launcher like they did with 2.1

diverbelow

Reaction score

YES i understand its in Beta.An it hasnt even been released to the Nexus One.But i want your Opinion based off what we have now and the Feature list of things to come.

That is very good to hear. Most posts I read, wanted it bug free. I am really hoping that the issues we are seeing with froyo for the Droid will make it back to Mot and Google. If they fix those bugs, then we will have less issues.

I am currently using the stock theme and I like it a lot. My only complaint would be there is no stock WiFi tether (like in N1) but that could because of Verizon and I know I can d/l'ed the WiFi tether app.

OP
gregsjh13

gregsjh13

Reaction score

That is very good to hear. Most posts I read, wanted it bug free. I am really hoping that the issues we are seeing with froyo for the Droid will make it back to Mot and Google. If they fix those bugs, then we will have less issues.

I am currently using the stock theme and I like it a lot. My only complaint would be there is no stock WiFi tether (like in N1) but that could because of Verizon and I know I can d/l'ed the WiFi tether app.

Yeah i really want wifi tether.

Reaction score
I was waiting for Pete to come out with his Froyo rom..it was defintely worth the wait and definitely lived up to the Froyou hype. My Droid has never been this fast.