Dialer FC, Signal Quality, and Internal Memory

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been having some problems lately with my dialer com.android.phone. About every 30 seconds, a dialog box pops up saying "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Why could this be happening and how do I fix it? I have also noticed that my signal is patchy and will come and go sporatically....

I don't know if this is related, but my Screebl also is failing to recognize landscape mode.

Just before all of this, which happened about a day or 2 ago, I noticed my phone's internal memory was filling up. I don't really have tons of apps, but I would then delete some of them to get rid of the .exe files that may have been to large. Anyone else find themselves filling up internal memory with apps? I would have thought I needed to have a LOT of apps to do this...

Anyways, any help is appreciated.

smittythepig

Reaction score
don't know about the rest, but as for signal - mine pretty much sucks. i'm on my first refurb and both phones have crappy signal. my wife has a cheap moto feature phone from last year that has no problem making calls in my apartment. my Droid just can't do it.

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I've always had immaculate service/signal from Verizon. It just recently started getting patchy. Not sure what's going on so I was wondering if anyone had the same issues or some advice...?

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
So yesterday, in all the frustration of not being able to figure out how to fix this, I decided to bite the bullet and root my Droid to see if that would help.

Nope.

So I unrooted and did a factory reset. It worked for about 5 or so hours, then back to the same old thing. Can't dial out or receive calls.

No ideas from anyone? I don't know who to go to, because this is an asurion replacement from about 2 months ago, and I don't want to have to pay for ANOTHER replacement.

Please help, I really would like my phone to work as a phone (funny concept, huh?)

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
This was my solution to the problem. I DON'T want this to be the solution. (Post #30).

Any other ideas on what I can do? I haven't received the replacement yet...

Please help your fellow Droid user...

Last edited:
OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Not that anyone will care I'm sure, because nobody gave any advice or tips, but I'm going to knock on wood for this one.

Droid DOES fix itself. Not sure how, but it works fine now. Sweet.dancedroid

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I never thought that it could be a tower issue, but you are probably right. My phone's been working for a while now with no problems.

As for the memory issue, I was just wondering if anyone else had filled up their internal memory like that, because I haven't heard of anyone doing it before...