Device stuck on headphone audio only

wardjohne

Reaction score
I've seen other audio related posts but none that seemed to match what I am experiencing...

I've only have my Maxx HD for a week now. Loved it so far...except for this issue I just found. I was using a pair of my friend's headphones earlier today and now for some reason I don't have media volume except for through headphones. Phone ringer and notifications will use the regular speaker so I know it still works I just don't have any media volume. I did a factory reset with no luck, I also tried connecting/disconnecting my headphones repeatedly to try and switch it back to regular speaker with no luck.

Does anyone know a fix for this? This is a brand new phone and I don't want to send it to verizon just to get a junk re-man when this one has only been out of the box a week if I can help it.....

shad2100

Reaction score
You may have jammed lint or crud into the socket when you plugged your friends headphones in... which could make the phone think they are still plugged in... try using a toothpick or something (nonmetal) to dig it out...