Developer Successfully Ports Beats Audio to HTC EVO 3D

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It just begs to be asked.... do we even need this sort of stuff in a phone!?? I'd MUCH rather see a better quality camera so I could feel comfortable leaving my DSLR at home for all but the most important of events.

No, but it's getting tougher and tougher to differentiate on hardware with "average" specs more than sufficient for most consumers. I'd like to see a lot more love for the camera, too, but that's probably a really expensive proposition for phone mfrs as it would require partnering with someone. Software tweaks or an "endorsement" from someone like Dr. Dre is much cheaper and technologically more feasible.

Honestly, if not for the arbitrary way the carriers prop-up phone prices, smartphone margins would be hurtling toward nil. I mean, 5-years since the IPhone came out and prices are actually going up a little. When does that happen in electronics?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Just for laughs, has anyone tried to pull the "Beats" part from this rom and put it on their phone? Even though its an HTC thing, I wonder if it would work on a Motorola.