Developer Project Called Linaro Tweaks Android Code; Can Double Performance on G-Nex

Briankbl

Reaction score
Okay, that rom is definitely experimental alright...

The test scores posted earlier are true. I was also getting amazing scores. That's about where the fun ended lol. Not long after that, my Home key went dead. It would highlight and make the "click" sound, but nothing would happen. I could long press for recent apps, but Home was dead.

Several other nagging issues led me to revert back to my previous rom. However, during restoration via clockwork, I kept getting "error /data could not be restored". Phone would boot up into the correct rom, but apps continuously "stopped" every ten seconds. After rebooting (after a battery pull), things started to calm down. I restored all apps and data via TB. Even still, issues are still popping up.

Anyone know why CWM failed to completely restore a clean rom backup?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

goosedeath

Reaction score
Briankbl said:
Okay, that rom is definitely experimental alright...

The test scores posted earlier are true. I was also getting amazing scores. That's about where the fun ended lol. Not long after that, my Home key went dead. It would highlight and make the "click" sound, but nothing would happen. I could long press for recent apps, but Home was dead.

Several other nagging issues led me to revert back to my previous rom. However, during restoration via clockwork, I kept getting "error /data could not be restored". Phone would boot up into the correct rom, but apps continuously "stopped" every ten seconds. After rebooting (after a battery pull), things started to calm down. I restored all apps and data via TB. Even still, issues are still popping up.

Anyone know why CWM failed to completely restore a clean rom backup?

Did you do a clean install of liquid? Sometimes makes a difference. Also, which version did you install?

Briankbl

Reaction score
Did you do a clean install of liquid? Sometimes makes a difference. Also, which version did you install?

Yup, clean install with data and cache wipe. It was Linaro 1.5.

Edit: To be more specific, the file names for the rom and kernel I used are
Rom - liquid_toro-ics-eng.v1.5rc.zip

Kernel - franco.Kernel-r185.doc.linaro.512GPU.wififix.zip

goosedeath

Reaction score
Briankbl said:

That's not a final build. Sometimes multiple wipes are needed for a clean install. I'm running 1.4 w/ the same kernal, no problems here. I'm not over clocked though. I'm also not using any themes.
Liquid is super sweet. IMHO, its worth the trouble to go the extra steps to try and get it running right. It hasn't been very picky for me.
Try waiting for the stable 1.5 to come out.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Could be that 512GPU also. Although if your phone booted maybe not?!

52brandon

Reaction score
I was thinking that too. May also be the CPU frequencies. Sometimes different builds/kernels don't play too well together. Maybe try increasing them a little?

Briankbl

Reaction score
That's not a final build. Sometimes multiple wipes are needed for a clean install. I'm running 1.4 w/ the same kernal, no problems here. I'm not over clocked though. I'm also not using any themes.
Liquid is super sweet. IMHO, its worth the trouble to go the extra steps to try and get it running right. It hasn't been very picky for me.
Try waiting for the stable 1.5 to come out.

That's probably what I'll do. Someone mentioned earlier that they're close to a stable "official" release.

Briankbl

Reaction score

Yeah, it would boot up just fine. Think I should stick with it or get the lower one just to be safe?

goosedeath

Reaction score
Briankbl said:
Yeah, it would boot up just fine. Think I should stick with it or get the lower one just to be safe?

Try the lower one just for fun

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Screenshot_2012-06-18-21-07-36.png
Screenshot_2012-06-18-19-41-20.png
Nice!

Briankbl

Reaction score
Liquid Linaro 1.5 RC2 is supposed to drop today, but I can't access irc.freenode.net :(