DevEd or plain jane?

JDH

Reaction score
I have decided to go ahead with the sale price for motox $325 for 32 g. Now the question is should I order the developer edition or not, same price. You just don't get to design it yourself. I am not a phone techie and have always been happy with my stock RAZR Maxx which still runs great. With news that Moto has verified they will upgrade the X to " L" is when it is released they have removed my only doubt. Can we trust them to follow through? My thought was that the DE model would be more desirable if I decide to sell.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Dev ed's always have a higher resale value and the ability to be unlocked.. Had i known they had dev ed's for the maxx.. I'd have gotten one...

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, they come already unlocked plus Sim included. Seems to be a really good deal. I am such a low data user that I am switching to All set plan for $45 including 1g data ( 1g for auto pay ). We will save 33% per month, enough to offset the cost of X in 6 months.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That sounds like you've got this pretty well thought out.. :)

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Giving up unlimited data that I have had since it started but I have never used more than 500mg and wife uses even less. Most surfing on phone is on my WiFi. Prepaid is a little scarey as V could can the deal at any time.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wow.. I think my deviced chew that much data just doing updates :)

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I have the 16GB AT&T model. Wish I had ponied up the cash for the DE. Space and root I miss for sure. Nexus 5 is sitting on my desk and begging me to switch back over to it.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Did the switch to Allset today, $48.30 including tax for unlimited T&T plus 1gig of data (auto pay with credit card). Now I am having 2nd thoughts about pulling the trigger for the motox. I was with a friend that is on 4.4KK and sure wasn't as easy in settings as JB 4.1.2. I think I can get another year out of the RAZR Maxx. Verizon will install a new battery for $39 if I ever need it. Right Now my battery life shows no sign of degrigation. I feel better already, thanks Doc.
W