eBay Instant Sale- selling my droid

fevs

Reaction score
eBay Instant Sale- selling my droid UPDATE

So I got a droid x and decide to sell my d1. I saw ebay has a program for selling old electronics. Its a third party, called alltechwholesale.

Basically you answer some questions and then they give a price.
Then you print a free shipping label and mail it.
They evaluate the device and if your answers match they pay you the money.
You can accept the offer or decline it, but if don't decline it in 5 days they assume you accept the offer.

So for the Droid 1 they are giving $162. Which I think is pretty decent and sent my device.

A couple of days later I get an email with a different offer. It was for $16. Now my droid is like 2 moths old so its in great shape. The reason is
"The phone cannot be activated on a new account because its current account is locked by the carrier."

So I'm pretty surprised by this an immediately call VZW and verify. According to Verizon, the phone is clear and unlocked. So I try calling the instant sale number and no one answers and the voice mail is full. It is late afternoon Saturday though. I sent an email to them and waiting for a reply. I am kind of worried though.

UPDATE
So I called today and told them them Verizon said the phone was unlocked and she checked something in the computer and said I would get the original offer in about 24hours. I'm waiting for an email confirmation. Seemed a little to easy though.. hummm

donzz

Reaction score
I will someday upgrade my phone but I will NEVER part with my D-1. It's priceless :)

OP
F

fevs

Reaction score
I didnt want to sell it cause its a great phone, but I could use some cash right now.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sounds like their scamming u for the price of ur droid

Sent from my DROID2

wolfhound0023

Reaction score
I too sent me Motorola Droid 1 to alltechwholesale.com, got a email back saying that there is scratches/blemishes to the exterior and the phone cannot be activated on a new account because its current account is locked by the carrier. The original estimate was for $130+ but now they want to give me $16. Have already talked with Verizon and they inform me that the ESN for my old Droid is clean and can be activated without any problems.

Have left send two emailed and tried calling but their voicemail is full. Will try calling on Monday unless I get an email back.

Will post back once I get more information

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, when I read the first offer I thought who would pay that for a D1? It's an outrageously high amount IMHO.

Sorry but if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. But thanks for letting others know. Sorry you got ripped off, I hope you can do something about it.

cpjr

Reaction score
So I got a droid x and decide to sell my d1. I saw ebay has a program for selling old electronics. Its a third party, called alltechwholesale.

Ebay doesnt have any program, that is a private seller and if there was no transaction through ebay, you are completely screwed. I would never mail something of value to someone without any type of good recourse.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since it's displayed as a seller on eBay, you should file a complaint about them to eBay... couldn't hurt at this point, and perhaps if eBay gets wind of what the two of you are claiming, they may leverage alltechwholesale to protect the eBay image...

OP
F

fevs

Reaction score
Haha I'm not alone. I figure since it was associated with eBay it would be ok. On monday I'm going to call again or see if they email me. If not will contact eBay and hopefully they can do something.

Wolfhound when did u send the phone in?

r0ckstarr

Reaction score
Good luck with whatever happens.

They have some negative feedback from me from a couple years ago. I purchased something from them that was listed as brand new, but they sent me used, broken items. They never answered calls or emails, and I filed a dispute with eBay. eBay ruled in their favor. eBay pretty much said that they sent the item, so I got what I paid for. Never again.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Reminds me of the time I got ripped off for my ps3...listed it as broken, since it was. Got a file claimed against me saying it was broken even though thats how I listed it and top it off the guy tried to say I sent it to him with a missing blue ray drive

Sent from my DROID2

deputc26

Reaction score
Wow, scam. I doubt I could sell my D1. It does so many things so well and one day it's going to be a serious tech artifact.

OP
F

fevs

Reaction score
UPDATE
So I called today and told them them Verizon said the phone was unlocked and she checked something in the computer and said I would get the original offer in about 24hours. I'm waiting for an email confirmation. Seemed a little to easy though.. hummm