eBay Instant Sale- selling my droid

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Totally sounds like a bait-n-switch scheme. They offer great value and get people to send in their phone. Then they find some reason to reduce their offer, legit or otherwise. With a 5-day auto-accept policy, probably a good number of people get shafted. And that's probably how they make their money - break-even on the hard liners who insist on full value and make a killing on those too lazy or indifferent to challenge them.

Reaction score
the droids are selling for like $99 on there how can they even make any money.... but hey if you guys got the money i might as well try it too

OP
F

fevs

Reaction score
Im no way associated with the ebay program, with that said...

I really thought I was going to get scammed. BUT it worked out, the money is in my bank account.

I could see some shady things going on with that program. I would advise if you choice to send a phone in, and a problem arises, call asap. You only have 5 days to act.

Also 162 bucks for just a droid 1 is awesome, and I still have my old accessories i could sell.

isbn1975

Reaction score
OP, did you send in your memory card as well?
I got the same amount offer and am wondering if I should send in the memory card as well.
It's got tons of personal information and files and am bit worried sending it to them.
I used it as a portable drive. D1 is a great phone. :)

Those of you who got $16x.xx What did you guys send besides the phone, battery and charger?

OP
F

fevs

Reaction score
I actually wanted to keep it, but i sent it in. I didnt want them to lower the price of the offer b/c of the card. Also since the offer was pretty high for that phone, I felt like I was getting a great deal.

Now it doesn't specifically say to ship the card like the charger but it is part of the phone.

If you decide to ship it, just transfer the data to your computer, also I recommend wiping your phone. They say they will take care of that, but who knows what they will do with that data.

Smolder

Reaction score
I didn't send in the memory card. It is not required.

isbn1975

Reaction score
^ Great, thanks!
I'm sending in mine today, hopefully they don't play game on me. :)

isbn1975

Reaction score
Shipped my Droid on Monday, delivered on Thursday and the payment ($162.xx) was deposited on Friday (today.) No counter offer. Went really smooth. :)

byoung1905

Reaction score
EBAY droid scam maybe ...

I sent in 4 phones and dont know what to do ? they sent me the same bullcrap phone locked by carrier bit and went from 188.00 to 18.67 or something like that ... so i tried calling 800-351-6864 keep getting a ( high call volume ) message ... i have also sent in 3 emails to them that was this afternoon around 5:00 et so maybe they will let me know something soon ... but i am really uneasy about this ... does anybody know a different number i can call ??? i am gonna open a case with ebay ... any of you guys/gals that have dealt with this already have any suggestions ... i would really appreciate .. another phone number would be great if its a number that they will answer ...

honeyandroid

Reaction score
android tablet devices

which android tablet pc you have in stock? I would like to get one. is the newest version

tinibutton

Reaction score
That's the same number I called, both times around early afternoon (1-2pm) and a woman answered the phone pretty quickly. I must've just gotten really lucky, as other posters have had the same problem as you did. It's completely crap they're trying to screw over so many people. Just keep trying and good luck getting payment.

I sent in 4 phones and dont know what to do ? they sent me the same bullcrap phone locked by carrier bit and went from 188.00 to 18.67 or something like that ... so i tried calling 800-351-6864 keep getting a ( high call volume ) message ... i have also sent in 3 emails to them that was this afternoon around 5:00 et so maybe they will let me know something soon ... but i am really uneasy about this ... does anybody know a different number i can call ??? i am gonna open a case with ... any of you guys/gals that have dealt with this already have any suggestions ... i would really appreciate .. another phone number would be great if its a number that they will answer ...

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Idk why u guys keep sending in ur phones...its obvious they're TRYING to rip ppl off...and wats up with that dude talkin about tablets here lol ^^^

Sent from my DROID2

JJL618

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I am new here, and I searched on Google for alltechwholsale, and this forum popped up.

I did the instant sale with my old phone as well through eBay, and I didn't think anything about it until I started searching. I was offered $117 for my old phone, and the package will be there tomorrow. I am now worried because of this forum and other problems from this company that I have read about.

What if they don't send the phone back if I don't accept the new offer? I'm not saying they will or they won't, but I'm just worried. I am expecting the worse for some reason.

Also, how do I know if the phone is locked by my carrier? I erased all contents and settings from the phone before I shipped.

Jessica

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone. I am new here, and I searched on Google for alltechwholsale, and this forum popped up.

I did the instant sale with my old phone as well through eBay, and I didn't think anything about it until I started searching. I was offered $117 for my old phone, and the package will be there tomorrow. I am now worried because of this forum and other problems from this company that I have read about.

What if they don't send the phone back if I don't accept the new offer? I'm not saying they will or they won't, but I'm just worried. I am expecting the worse for some reason.

Also, how do I know if the phone is locked by my carrier? I erased all contents and settings from the phone before I shipped.

Jessica

If they don't send it back, and I think they will then you would complain to eBay.

The other part of your question, when you changed phones that phone became inactive. To unlock it some will have to call Verizon with the ESN that's usually under the battery.

JJL618

Reaction score

Jessica

If they don't send it back, and I think they will then you would complain to eBay.

The other part of your question, when you changed phones that phone became inactive. To unlock it some will have to call Verizon with the ESN that's usually under the battery.

I have heard some people say that eBay couldn't really do anything because there isn't a transaction id or item number that you can use for their buyer protection.