desperatly need help with my droid razr!!

indi3po

Reaction score
i accidentally dropped my phone a couple of days ago and ever since then i have not been able to trun it back on, it aslo is unable to charge when i plug it in nothing happens the screen dosent turn on not even the charging light, i really dont know whats wrong with it. how can i know whats wrong with it and is it fixable, can somebody please help?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
i accidentally dropped my phone a couple of days ago and ever since then i have not been able to trun it back on, it aslo is unable to charge when i plug it in nothing happens the screen dosent turn on not even the charging light, i really dont know whats wrong with it. how can i know whats wrong with it and is it fixable, can somebody please help?

A drop can result in many potential causes for the symptoms you're experiencing. There are numerous ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) connectors which join various components to the motherboard. They're held in place by very small plastic tabs that snap into place. A unique part of the design being that they do not require pressure in order to seat them into the connectors, makes them so useful in these phones is that they work exceptionally well with thin and flimsy flexible ribbon cables since those cables can't take much pressure before they will bend. Once inserted into the ZIF connectors and the tabs are closed, the electrical connections are made between the motherboard and the miniature connectors on the end of the ribbon cables.

What makes them so useful and convenient yet also makes them subject to potentially being prone to failure from impact is that tiny tab that snaps down and secures the ribbon cable into the connector. It takes only a light pressure on the tab to snap them into place, so unfortunately an impact with the right intensity and at the right angle and place could jostle one of the ZIF Connector's tabs loose and once the tab is loose the electric connections are broken. It may be as simple as opening the case, finding all the ZIF connectors, making sure that the cables are seated in the connectors properly and making sure they're snapped shut.

Another possible cause for failure due to drops is solder joints on the surface mount components. Very little solder is used to fuse the connections to the motherboard's solder pads and it's rather brittle at room temperature. The right amount of flex, jostle or bang can cause the connections on the components to break loose from their mating solder pads on the motherboard.

Frankly I doubt it's a loose battery since the battery sits inside a Stainless Steel frame and is sandwiched between the back cover and the motherboard. The battery is attached via one of those ribbon cables, but the connections for the battery are screwed into place on the motherboard's terminals so they're not likely to jostle loose.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited: