need help figuring out what is going on with droid razr

CindiC

Reaction score
New Razr had less than two weeks. Charged all night went to work, put it my pocket. About an hour later tried to use and it was dead. Plugged it in to charger for a few seconds and showed full charge. Did this several times and finally called VWZ support, they send another phone. Had it four days and it has done the same thing. I don't know what I am doing wrong, what settings I don't have correct. I am just learning droids. Can anyone help?

rdgxray

Reaction score
Mine works great. Goes hours with intensive use....get it replaced. Something very wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
New Razr had less than two weeks. Charged all night went to work, put it my pocket. About an hour later tried to use and it was dead. Plugged it in to charger for a few seconds and showed full charge. Did this several times and finally called VWZ support, they send another phone. Had it four days and it has done the same thing. I don't know what I am doing wrong, what settings I don't have correct. I am just learning droids. Can anyone help?

When the first Droid came out it had a bug like this. It would show that it was dead but in fact when you recharged it would show 100% in minutes. Not everybody had this issue, but of course those that did posted about it.

I have seen some people discussing a problem with the battery display and loosing power like this but not everyone does. I would say before getting it replaced try doing a factory data reset out of the Privacy section and see if that doesn't clear it up. Also if it only happened once it may never happen again anyway.

SallyC

Reaction score

It sounds like there is a disparity between what your battery icon is showing and what it's charge really is. FoxKat is the resident battery (and more) guru, and may chime in on this directly, but I would take a look at this post of his and try it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Two phones, one result, the obvious common denominator is the user (no insult intended). The problem could be the charging method.
  • Are you using the same charger you were on the original phone, in other words was the charger replaced with the phone or not?
  • Are you using the charger that was supplied by the manufacturer or another charger - whether from reputable manufacturer or not?
  • Are you using the cable that came with the phone to connect between the charger and phone?
  • When you first took the phone out of the box, did you plug it into the charger BEFORE powering up and fully charge in Charge only mode?
  • Have you ever charged it with the phone powered off, or do you always charge while the phone is powered up?
If the same results happen to the same person with two different phones, both less than a month old, I will bet it's something unique to the charger or your pattern of usage. We just have to narrow it down.

Robotics

Reaction score

For the heck of it, temporary install a battery meter and see what it says. I use I believe "BatteryCircle" from the market. Its free, and good reviews.